Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Paediatric Critical Care Units. (PICU/NICU/PHDU/NHDU)
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Paediatrics Unit Manager, Nursing Division.
- Leads the team in development, implementation and monitoring of unit based clinical policies and procedures
- Takes lead in identification, definition and monitoring of unit based clinical indicators for
- Is responsible for continuing education/training for nurses in Pediatrics and Neonatal critical care units
- Assists the nurse manager, Paediatric Intensivist and neonatologists to initiate innovative and evidence-based strategies to improve patient training for nurses in Pediatrics and Neonatal critical care units
- Participates in evaluation of care and outcomes through Mortality and Morbidity discussions, clinical incidence trends and clinical indicators training for nurses in Pediatrics and Neonatal critical care units
- Together with the Nurse Manager, conducts regular evaluation of nurses and designs individual development plans based on identified learning/training needs in Pediatrics and neonatal critical care units
- Is a resource person for the care team for all clinical matters in Pediatrics and Neonatal critical care units
- Reviews patient allocation to determine correct patient assignment according to the nurse’s competence in Pediatrics and Neonatal critical care units
- Ensures adequate orientation and settling of new nurses to assigned unit
- Designs methods to motivate nurses in assigned unit to pursue individual professional growth and development
- Develops and maintains effective networks both internal and external to improve nursing practice
- Ensures compliance to documentation policy through spot-checks on nursing forms such Initial assessment, Vital signs chart, Patient Education Record, and fluid chart, treatment sheet and progress notes chart
- Participates in evaluation of nursing documents to ensure their appropriateness in capturing patient information in Pediatrics and Neonatal critical care units
- Takes lead in unit based Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects, Clinical Care Program Certification (CCPC) and ensures participation by nurses.
- Guides nursing staff in initiation of and participation in unit based as well as hospital wide nursing research projects.
- Registered nurse (KRN/M; KRCHN) with a BSc-Nursing degree
- Current licensure with the Kenya Nursing Council
- Pediatrics Critical Care training
- Certification in BLS & EPLS
- Proficient in Basic computer skills
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical nursing experience in Pediatrics Critical Care Nursing in an acute care hospital.
- Must possess teaching abilities, leadership qualities, professional judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and a sense of professional development.
- Demonstrate evidence-based knowledge of current practices in Pediatrics critical care nursing
How To Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.