Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
International News is at the heart of the BBC. BBC News Group employs approximately 1,500 staff in 74 news bureaux around the world. We provide multimedia services to a global weekly audience of over 350 million, in English and 42 languages around the clock, every day of the year. The bureaux react to breaking news, provide news updates and analysis and produce live programme and online output. In a highly competitive market, delivering to both UK Licence Fee payers and commercial partners, BBC News services must be reliable and consistent and continue to meet the high standards expected by our audiences.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations governing such areas as finance, tax, safety, media, immigration and employment law.
- Preparation and processing payments, POs and submission of monthly financial reports as per BBC policies.
- Management of advances and expenses, ensuring that appropriate authorizations are in place and records maintained in compliance with BBC expenses policy.
- Manage payroll, tax and statutory deductions for compliance purposes.
- Responsible for the line management, training, performance, development and discipline of staff in the finance and administration team.
- Contribute to the management and operation of effective scheduling, budgetary control and cost recovery business processes and systems for the department ensuring all business targets are met.
- Fleet Management & Logistics: managing a fleet of vehicles and overseeing operations of the contracted taxi companies to ensure compliance with BBC policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAP and QuickBooks or equivalent
- Good understanding of scheduling principles and business processes, numerate with sound financial approach and understanding
- Knowledge of employment and industrial relations legislation, policies and processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
Contract type: Continuing
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Local terms and conditions apply
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you receiving approval for the right to work in Nairobi, Kenya
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here
Closing Date 10 May, 2022