Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, the Sanergy group serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, by Earthshot Prize as a Finalist a and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
Sanergy is looking for a Procurement Intern who will be responsible for addressing all procurement needs in the respective teams and collaborating with all relevant stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and approve PRs within 24 hours on working days to ensure compliance with the Company’s purchasing guidelines and agreed rates/prices for goods/services/works with the vendor.
- Convert approved Procurement Requisitions to Purchase Orders(PO), follow up POs for approval, and notify the vendor once POs are complete within 24 hours.
- Create Electronic Procurement Requests(PR), follow up on payments, and send notifications to vendors when payments are scheduled to be sent.
- Responsible for ensuring POs are executed on time and communicating with users that timelines won’t be hit and sharing new timelines.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are availed to accounting within the agreed SLA time and payment processing is done within the recommended time frames.
- Update the Procurement Requests checklist document when reviewing every PR and ensure that it has been filled in full until the vendor has been paid to keep track of deliveries/collections and payments.
- Ensure all goods/services/works have been received on the system and reconciled after payments.
- Planning and execution of timely collections and delivery of items from various vendors.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Assist in reviewing/creating reorder levels for all raw materials, consumables, finished products, tools, and equipment stored at the warehouses.
- Carry out continuous market surveys to establish better pricing and quality for good and services purchased.
- Update on-time Procurement dashboards for performance tracking of departmental metrics.
- A Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or related degree
- 0-1 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Great negotiating skills, attention to detail, critical thinker, and disciplined approach to work.
20th May 2022
Do you have a question about how to apply for a job at Sanergy or our recruitment process? Explore our frequently asked questions here to find out
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.