Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Apply by 14 May 2022
AMI is now looking for a Finance Manager – Contracts and Grants to be based in Nairobi to manage customer contracts and grants. This requires a commercial accountant to work as part of multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced environment.
The Finance Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to the Senior Partnerships Manager and will work in a team of Partnerships Managers/Leads and Associates, and with the learning and business development teams, to support clients across Africa. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results.
Accounting Function and Internal Controls
Supporting the Proposals Teams.
- Assist the Proposals Team in preparing budgets and costings for client proposals
- Ensure that target margins are achievable from proposals submitted
- Ensure that tax implications are considered when pricing proposals
Managing Contracts and Grants
- Ensure that proposal and projects are properly set up in NetSuite
- Ensure that costs are properly coded to projects and that time writing, purchase orders, staff expenses etc properly approved by project budget holders.
- Monitor costs against project budget and highlight any adverse trends and variances so that action can be taken.
- Manage and monitor income recognition
- Ensure that project billings are raised accurately and on time and with adequate supporting documentation
- Prepare grant/contract financial reports within timescales required and work with the programme manager to ensure that variances are understood and can be explained to the client.
- Review projects and grant reports with CFO
- Attend and/or initiate contract reviews with Proposals/Implementation Team to ensure that contract financial conditions are understood and acceptable
- Ensure that contract conditions are complied with (e.g. re-collecting, collating and providing supporting documentation to the client, maintaining required insurance levels , ensuring contract documents are signed, tax laws are complied with etc)
- Understand and ensure that group accounting procedures, internal controls and pricing/costing guidelines are followed and implemented.
- Ensure that AMI staff and budget holders spend in line with Project budgets
- Assist the Senior Partnerships Manager and CFO , as required
Skills & attributes
- Project Management | Develops/follows project plans, coordinates projects, completes projects on time.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills. Problem solving and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Communication | Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Initiative and execution of tasks | MUST be able to work independently, take initiative to solve problems and proactively address issues and follow tasks through to completion
- Personal | Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
Education and Experience
- Qualified accountant with recognized professional body
- At least 3 years’ experience of grant and/or contract financial management
- Well-organized and able to work to tight deadlines
- Good communicator at all levels and to non-financial staff too
- Experienced in use of ERP system or recognized accounting software. NetSuite preferred
- Good Excel skills
- Good report writing skills
- Able to thrive in a fast and commercial environment
- Flexible, helpful and versatile team player