Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AMI is looking for an experienced Product Manager to support the Chief Product Officer and Senior Product Manager in building a team that can deliver highly usable and impactful products to entrepreneurs and managers across Africa.
The Product Manager will report directly to the Senior Product Manager and work closely with the Chief Product Officer. This is a chance to be part of Africa’s transformation, and to help shape, build and scale one its most innovative social businesses.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the team responsible for the development and management of AMI’s learning platform and mobile apps.
The successful candidate will support the Senior Product Manager in gathering feedback from customers and prospects (and do significant user testing and feedback) as well as the execution of processes to ensure best practice in the future.
The PM will execute the product management processes defined by the Senior PM and train and manage product associates who ensure technical support processes and documentation. You will implement best practice for Tech Product Management at AMI.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Manage core product management processes / oversee SCRUM rituals
- Breakdown core product roadmap into achievable tasks
- Support Sr Product Manager to scope and document new product features and on-going feature enhancements.
- Manage prioritization of stories and backlog management and grooming.
- Work with the SCRUM master to define and achieve sprint goals, track issues and remove impediments
- Process Management and Improvement – Implement core product management processes. Review and define process improvement initiatives.
- Define, scope, and analyse core product metrics, analytics, reporting across platforms to support good decision-making across tech-product
- Responsible for reviewing third party plugins, hotjar, fullstory and smart analytics, to better understand users
Product communication and user feedback loops
- Ensure platform documentation is up to date.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure product release planning and effective internal and external product communications and training.
- Ensure critical customer focus working with marketing, programme and sales teams to link product to customer needs and ensure market alignment.
Oversee / Manage technical product team
- Oversee core product associates and functions – SCRUM user support, QA, to deliver seamless user support, user feedback, core reporting and critical platform testing
- Assign core tasks, oversee achievement of team objectives and manage growth
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong interpersonal skills | As someone influencing several departments and seeking feedback from a range of stakeholders, you need strong interpersonal skills. You will be an effective communicator at all levels.
- Strategic thinking | You will need to analyse and implement the strategic roadmap for the product and make difficult decisions. You will be able to understand business needs and translate them in to development priorities and plans.
- Analytical skills | You will need to research and analyse market, platform and user feedback data and make use data to influence decision making
- Technical product management | Familiar with Scrum and Agile project development.
- Initiative and execution of tasks | MUST be able to work independently, take initiative to solve problems and proactively address issues and follow tasks through to completion
- Personal | Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in information management, computer science, or related field. Significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree level qualification
- Experience in technical project management
- Experience in data analysis, project management and user feedback are an asset.