Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
- Reporting Head of ER, EX & Culture, the role will focus on creating and delivering people practices which develop – and maintain – positive working relationships between the organisation and people. The role will work closely with unions and employee representatives, to ensure that people practices are fair and transparent.
- The role will be responsible in supporting to define the company culture and consistently improve the employee experience based on best practices and employee feedback.
1. Employee Relations
- Supporting the development and interpretation of policies consistent with employment legislation and Labour Laws.
- Dealing with employee matters, such as conduct at work matters, disciplinary cases, grievances, and appeals
- Supporting the organization through the change management activities in organizational re-alignments e.g., structures and key change initiatives
- Ensuring engagement is maintained and managers act in a way that involves their staff
- Managing the relationship between the organization and unions or employee bodies
- Dealing with disputes appropriately (for example, mediation or tribunal cases)
- Supporting to ensure that managers are upskilled to deal with people in a fair and effective manner
- Overseeing all People practices to ensure they are legally compliant and espouse the company values and culture.
- Supporting the preparation of staff newsletter content and other reports to communicate information about employee welfare and organizational actions taken
- Attends forums and meetings, as employee-management liaison, to facilitate communication between parties.
- Supporting the regular update of the HR Manual and alignment to the employment Act and Labour Laws
- Recording performance and disciplinary issues working with HRBPs and Line Managers.
- Participating in disciplinary hearings as part of the disciplinary panel and document the proceedings Consult and advise management to ensure compliance with legal and administrative requirements of the disciplinary process.
Employee Experience & Culture
- Supporting and co-developing the internal culture initiatives internally and externally through a strong partnership with Brand, Internal Communications and PR areas for employer branding and visibility opportunities
- Supporting the development and deployment of Employee Engagement surveys and any other employee experience surveys and interactions with staff e.g., townhalls, roadshows etc.
- Support the Head in implementation of culture transformation initiatives for the Company and ensuring these are executed as expected and the impact assessed promptly
- Support the co-creation of employee experience initiatives and journeys to improve the employee engagement and staff welfare
- Manage the planning and execution of employee-centered events in conjunction with the leadership teams, staff and in consultation with the other HR teams
- Support in developing and engaging communication with employees on staff welfare, employee engagement initiatives and creating awareness on topical issues, policies on employee relations
- Support departments in the set-up of offsite retreats/activities that increase employee engagement and/or productivity including team building
- Facilitate and support employee recognition programs at company and departmental level including annual awards, surveys, and events
- In liaison with the HRBPs, collate the information from exit interviews for employees and provide feedback regarding trends revealed in exit interviews and proposed interventions.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Scorecard
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- 2- 4 years’ experience in generalist human resources management
- Knowledge of Labour Laws and Employment Act
- Experience in handling disciplinary cases
- Experience in negotiating CBA agreements
Unposting Date: 08-06-2022