Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
- The role holder supports facilitating the drive for Britam’s Culture transformation journey with Britam leaders and employees at all levels and is primarily tasked with working with the employees and leadership to embed a customer-centric culture, agile and a high-performance culture.
- Responsible for working with Britam Leaders and HR Team to develop and review employee experience initiatives and across all touchpoints in our employees’ life cycle to design employee-centred experiences and a happier workplace where employees can thrive.
- The role will implement the disciplinary and grievance handling policies and procedures and overall conduct management policies, and procedures.
- The role supports the driving high performance management rigor in all performance management cycle activities as well as facilitation of performance enablement initiatives in consultation with HRBPs.
Culture Transformation and Employee Experience (40%)
- Co-create the culture transformation roadmap for Britam to enable the corporate strategy execution. Develop, agree, and implement organizational development strategies to drive culture change and organizational transformation and enhance employee productivity. Focus on high-performance culture and customer-centricity.
- Co-create employee experience strategy and journeys for the company as part of the customer-centric culture by understanding company culture, using employee feedback, and investing resources into making changes and improvements.
- Support and implement the performance management initiatives to drive a high-performance culture and the end-to-end ownership of the Group Performance Management agenda. This entails the enablement initiatives for team managers, coaching, and supporting high-performance practices in the company.
- Manage the Company’s Performance Management system and periodically updates and propose improvements to drive productivity in consultation with the leadership, HR partners, and feedback from employees.
- Provide pro-active and professional performance management support and guidance to the business
- Co-developing and implementing strategies, policies, procedures, and programs that will promote productive and positive relationships between managers, employees, and co-workers by helping to prevent and resolve issues between individuals.
- Support the designing of employee experience frameworks and creating exciting ways to measure and assess employee engagement (for example, surveys, forum groups, etc.)
- Engage with employees and team leaders in reviewing management practices and their impact on the employee experience and improving management practices and behaviors to create a better employee experience and conduct management in the company.
- Working with partners and stakeholders to create proactive approaches to well-being in the organization to drive the physical and mental well-being of employees as part of the corporate wellness and staff welfare agenda and to support enhanced staff productivity.
- Putting in place ways of assessing the employer brand internally and the impact of people practices and policies on the employee experience and shaping people policies that positively impact the employee experience.
- Using agile culture methodologies to map out essential employee journeys, address pain points, and make recommendations on enhancing the employee experience by focusing on the employee and developing processes and policies using employee feedback as a valuable tool.
- Co-developing and implementing the recognition framework and the company recognition programs to celebrate company and employee milestones, like work anniversaries or workplace achievements.
- Support the deployment, alignment, and evaluation of employee engagement surveys, tools, and approaches and drive forward the outputs on a better organizational climate and employee experience.
- Working with the stakeholders to co-develop initiatives that create a unique employer brand internally aligned to culture, mission, and values.
- Actively participate in designing internal communication plans that positively impact the employee experience and design approaches to amplify the voice of the employee.
Grievance Handling, Disciplinary & Labour relations (30%)
- Support the line management and staff on grievance related matters to resolve any grievance-related matters.
- Participate in the staff disciplinary process end to end, including providing support for panel hearings, organizing staff disciplinary meetings, and preparing and being the custodian of the relevant documentation, among other critical elements of the disciplinary process.
- Liaise with the legal department on litigation cases for ex-staff and support by providing critical information and support on disciplinary and litigation cases.
- Regularly review and ensure implementation of the Group HR Policies, procedures, and processes and provides staff and line management with guidance on matters arising thereof.
- Ensuring that the company actions and operations are aligned with the existing labour laws and regulations including the separation and engagement and complied with fully.
- Support the maintenance of key relationships with internal and/or external customers, stakeholders, and suppliers relating to the Group: third-party providers, unions, relevant ministries, and Industry bodies, staff and line managers.
Staff Welfare Activities (30%)
- Support in providing guidance to line management and sessions on conduct management practices.
- Actively work with the teams to support on employee welfare issues, initiatives and events.
- Support the implementation of company-driven staff welfare campaigns to address different employee needs and deploy relevant interventions.
- Facilitate staff satisfaction and other employee relations and staff welfare surveys to inform interventions for resolution of crucial employee issues and company climate.
- Collaboration with other stakeholders to organize staff functions, including staff end-year party, family days, and staff roadshows and caravans.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure effective communication with key stakeholders and build positive relationships within the business to maintain employee involvement and commitment to achieving business goals.
- In liaison with the Forensic Department and or other concerned Departments, line management, and staff, investigate or coordinate the investigation of staff cases relating to disciplinary and grievance matters and see to their conclusion and or determination.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- HR Internal Process NPS
- Employee turnover rate of top contributors
- Employee NPS
- Employee Engagement Survey scores
- Performance metrics on meeting targets
- TAT on disciplinary matter
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Post graduate degree in Human Resource Management/ LLB or other relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- At least 4-6 years working experience in Human Resource Management; with at least 3- 4 years in Employee Relations and/or Industrial Relations management.
- Experience in implementation of culture and employee experience initiatives.
- Sound understanding of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment Laws and HR best practice.
- Excellent leadership, customer service, communication, planning and organizing skills.
- A member of IHRM.
Unposting Date: 08-06-2022