Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Information and Knowledge Management Officer
Location: Any MSF office
Contract: Permanent contract from 60% to 80%
Deadline to apply: 8th June 2022
Starting date: July 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
Information Management and Knowledge Sharing are strategic objectives in the International Office multi year plan and the IKM team has a central role in their implementation.
The IKM team seeks to manage and fully exploit information assets across the information life cycle. The team delivers a high-quality user experience, improve productivity and collaboration, in a distributed environment which supports innovation. The Team supports MSF International staff in the provision of services to its broad user community, whilst adhering to its legislative and internal policies.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Information and Knowledge Management Officer (IKM Officer) is a member of the Information and Knowledge management team within the MSF International Resources team. Under the supervision of the Information and knowledge team leader the IKM Officer will participate to the development of workspaces and collaborative tools.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Information and knowledge management
Making sure that important shared documents and other information content are made easily accessible to those who need them, regardless of which part of the organization produces them. Through the use of knowledge asset audits, this role will identify high-priority information for sharing, define taxonomies and information architecture to ensure they are easily findable. Ensuring that critical decisions, plans and activities are documented and made easily accessible to anyone who needs to refer to them.
Data protection and compliance
Addressing the risk of loss of critical knowledge and ensuring that this knowledge is retained and comply with legal and organizational requirements.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, document and manage information management practices as well as design knowledge distribution policies and design automated way to implement them
- Interact with the staff members, unit managers and other stakeholders. Act as a mediator to answer the queries of the staff about the information and knowledge management services and practices
- Utilize the knowledge base resources and design training modules for the staff to help them access the knowledge management tools
- Encourage the staff to share knowledge effectively and efficiently
- Develop, maintain, and promote a Records Management program within MSF International
Community and collaboration
- Help develop the on-going strategy and shape for the Collaborative Workspaces
- Ensure ongoing support, training and guides for content authors and Intranet users
- Assist with training of staff on the use of the Intranet publishing systems
Data protection and compliance
- Identify risks and actionable plans to protect the business
- Manage information security and risk management awareness training programs for all approved systems users
- Provide regular reporting on the status of the information security program to senior staff and the management team
- Coordinate information security and risk management projects in partnership the IT organization and business units
- Collaborate periodic security audits
- Communicate best practices and risks across the organization
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- University bachelor’s degree level in Information and Communication Sciences & Technologies or equivalent experience within the area
- Experience in records management procedures and tools
- Experience in managing digital platforms
- Experience in digital information management
- Experience in delivering training and webinars to users
- Experience providing firsthand support to users
- Experience with international organizations an asset
- Experience in change management an asset
- IT skills including Microsoft Office Applications
- Complete fluency in written and oral English
- A comprehensive understanding of the practical application of relevant legislation (including the GDPR) and official guidance relating to processing of personal data.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to discuss technical requirements with a wide range of non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and deliver guidance, advice, and training to staff about their responsibilities regarding data protection
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and an effective organizer
- Good team worker, but, at times, also able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to travel internationally
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.