Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Surgical Technician, Outreach Clinic Roysambu – (220000UD)
Outreach Clinic Roysambu
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 50 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as radiology and sonography services. There is high expectation from staff to provide high quality professional services
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Supervisor Roysambu Clinic.
- Responsible for gathering, checking and opening supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure
- Sets up the sterile back table and mayo stand with instruments supplies and medications / solutions needed for the procedure and passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon during the procedure
- Performs initial surgical count with the circulating nurse
- Assists the scrubbed team members with gowning and gloving
- Assists with draping the patient to establish a sterile field
- Secures sterile cords, tubing’s and other accessories
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure
- Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon
- Coordinates the camera or endoscopic instruments as directed by the surgeon
- Sponges or suctions the operative site
- Completes final surgical count
- Hands over after verification the instruments to the CSSD technician for sterilization
- Assists in prepping the surgical suite for next patient
- Surgical technician Course
- Proficiency in computer Literacy
- Experience in theatre -Preferred
- Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
How To Apply