Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women’s empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
Position: Human Resource Assistant
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
To be responsible for supporting the HR Coordinator in carrying out all the basic Human Resources (HR) functions that support the delivery of SHOFCO’s brand promise.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resource team.
- Maintain and manage accurate human resource records by updating the employee’s data bank, filling and keeping all employees’ documents in their respective files and opening files for new employees.
- Ensure all files are up to date as per the checklist.
- Coordinate HR projects including meetings, trainings and surveys as requested by the HR Manager.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities that is staffing, recruitment, training, grievances and performance evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment and interviewing process.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Maintain all leave records and updates to achieve coordinated leave administration process.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant e.g. absences, bonus and leave.
- Conduct initial orientation for newly hired staff.
- Respond to HR queries in the absence of HR Manager and Coordinators.
- Diploma in Human Resources or any other related field
- CHRP is desirable
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- 2 years’ experience working with the Human Resource department
- Experience of working with human resource management systems
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Examining information
Behavioural Competencies /Attributes
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Shortlisting will be done on a roll out basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.