Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
|Job Grade:||KENAS 4|
|Terms:||Permanent and pensionable|
|Reporting to:||Manager, Scheme Development|
Principal Accreditation Officer – Scheme Development 2022/EA/09.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the selected candidate will entail:
- Advising management on policies and strategies relating to scheme development activities;
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures for scheme development;
- Promoting and marketing accreditation activities through client sensitization campaigns, training and public awareness programs;
- Promoting the use of accreditation marks on certificates issued by conformity assessment bodies;
- Promoting the use of regional and international accreditation marks;
- Engaging appropriate specialist Working Groups in the different sectors of accreditation for criteria development and enhancement;
- Participating in Developing and reviewing the criteria requirements;
- Preparation of Assessors conclave and updating of Assessor profiles;
- Developing Assessor’s skills, competence and capacity based on identified needs;
- Carrying out conformity assessment training and other related training where assigned;
- Recruit conformity assessment bodies for training;
- Identifying and advising on Policy matters on scheme developments;
- Researching emerging areas of interest in accreditation for the development of new schemes;
- Benchmarking new areas of accreditation with other accreditation bodies where the same is operational
- Liaising with Conformity Assessment Bodies and other stakeholders to share knowledge and trends that inform the development of a scheme;
- Collecting, collating, documenting and interpreting data on accreditation to inform scheme development /enhancement;
- Capacity and competence development of Assessors and Technical Experts;
- Advising management on effective collaborations and partnerships with relevant bodies in the establishment and promotion of schemes;
- Designing, managing and coordinating pilots on new scheme introductions to enable readiness before integration as mainstream accreditation activities;
- Holding and participating in stakeholders to identify, screen, sensitize and promote new areas of accreditation;
- Developing a work plan for the Working Groups and evaluate their performance for the new schemes;
- Identifying performance targets for the department;
- Coordinating staff appraisal in the departments; and
- Developing operational budgets for the division.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- At least six (6) years’ working experience in Conformity Assessment, three (3) of which must have been at a supervisory position;
- Bachelor’s degree in Science related fields;
- Professional Qualification and membership in good standing where applicable;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Trained in conformity assessment standards;
- Trained Assessor in relevant conformity assessment standards;
- Proficiency in Computer application; and
- Fulfil the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution
Skills and Competencies
- Communicating with impact;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise and managing projects;
- Planning, organizing, and managing performance;
- Budgeting, analyzing, and innovating;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Coaching, mentoring, relating, and networking; and
How to Apply
Apply for a position through a cover letter or email, attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport. In addition, all applicants MUST download and complete Bio-Data Form (in Microsoft Excel) and attach the completed Bio-Data Form. Any HANDWRITTEN or SCANNED Bio-Data form not submitted as an Excel file will be rejected.
Note 1: Interested candidates should provide all the details requested, and it is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Candidates should submit their completed application form and required attachments by email to: email@example.com. All applications should be received on or before 5:00 pm (East African Time) on 21st June 2022.
Note 2: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Note 3: Successful candidates after interviews will be required to obtain the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
KENAS is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Persons living with disabilities, marginalized, and minority groups who meet the job specifications are strongly encouraged to apply.