Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
|Job Grade:||KENAS 4|
|Terms:||Permanent and pensionable|
|Reporting to:||Manager, Human Resource & Administration|
Principal Human Resource Officer 2022/EA/10.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the selected candidate will entail:
- Overseeing the Identification, designing and implementing training programs based on identified needs;
- Guiding the development and updating of the human resource database;
- Supervising the reparation of training projections and plans;
- Supervising the administering of the payroll system;
- Reconciliation of staff complement and establishment;
- Ensuring preparation and compiling staff deductions done outside the payroll;
- Drafting disciplinary and summarizing letters and cases;
- Supervising the update of the human resource database in the Service;
- Drawing a plan for the annual performance target setting in the Service for review by management;
- Drawing a plan for the annual performance appraisal process within the Service review by management;
- Coordinating issues of staff welfare;
- Processing insurances related to staff;
- Provide Secretarial Support to the Human Resource Advisory Committee;
- Preparing and facilitating submission of all statutory deductions; and
- Processing pension claims.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- At least six (6) years working experience in Human Resource in the Public Service or Private Sector three (3) of which must be at a supervisory position;
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or any other relevant qualifications;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a professional body in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution
Skills and Competencies
- Communicating with impact;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise and managing projects;
- Planning, organizing, and managing performance;
- Budgeting, analyzing, and innovating;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Coaching, mentoring, relating, and networking; and
- Technological savviness.
How to Apply
Apply for a position through a cover letter or email, attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport. In addition, all applicants MUST download and complete Bio-Data Form (in Microsoft Excel) and attach the completed Bio-Data Form. Any HANDWRITTEN or SCANNED Bio-Data form not submitted as an Excel file will be rejected.
Note 1: Interested candidates should provide all the details requested, and it is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Candidates should submit their completed application form and required attachments by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be received on or before 5:00 pm (East African Time) on 21st June 2022.
Note 2: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Note 3: Successful candidates after interviews will be required to obtain the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
KENAS is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Persons living with disabilities, marginalized, and minority groups who meet the job specifications are strongly encouraged to apply.