Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HR Advisor, Shared Services
Location: Kenya and Burkina Faso
Living Goods (LG) is a leading non-profit organization innovatively transforming the health of vulnerable communities. Living Goods leverages a powerful combination of catalytic technology, high-impact training, and quality treatments that empower government community health workers (CHWs) to deliver quality care to their neighbours’ doorsteps. These CHWs also earn meaningful compensation and enhance their stature in the process, reinforcing a virtuous cycle of trust.
The organization prides itself on its agile and quick-footed approach and has embedded experimentation, innovation, and research into its DNA. Additionally, Living Goods pushes itself to account for quantifiable and aggressive targets designed to drive health impact. This high-performance and innovative culture has pushed LG to learn, adapt, and optimize its approaches in cases where targets aren’t achieved or when local circumstances change. Consequently, the organization and its impact on the lives of the most vulnerable and underprivileged groups has attracted incredible talent from a multiplicity of backgrounds, expertise, race, and cultures as it grows and expands its footprint.
Purpose of the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a results-driven and passionate HR Advisor to join our newly formed Global HR Shared Service. Our HR Advisors serve as coaches and resources to managers and employees in solving day-to-day workplace matters and are responsible for the delivery of high-quality HR services while providing a consistently great employee experience; driving continuous improvement in systems, processes, and data optimization; and effectively managing compliance.
This role is critical to supporting the HR Business Partners and the HR Centres of Expertise to meet the People & Culture function’s strategic objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
HR Service Delivery
- Provide guidance to employees, managers, and business leaders regarding HR policies and practices, and employment-related matters.
- Serve as first point-of-contact and advisor on operational HR cases related to day-to-day workplace matters and activities such as recruitment, payroll, benefits, leave, wellness, OHS, onboarding/offboarding, HR administration, performance, training, and expatriate management.
- Contract with clients and delivers against agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) on various key routine and ad hoc deliverables.
- Manage external HR vendors to ensure high-quality delivery of HR services to employees.
- Working closely with the HRBPs and Centres of Expertise (CEOs) leads to resolving complex cases.
- Provide key input in benefits and other program designs in line with local legislation.
- Coordinate HR events as per the annual HR plans.
- Analyze trends from HR cases handled as well as employee queries and translate these into insights for HR policy and process reviews by the COE.
- Work with HRBPs and Talent Management Teams to design, review and maintain up-to-date job descriptions.
Employee Relations & Engagement
- Research and investigate employee queries, complaints, issues, and concerns regarding employment practices.
- Recommend appropriate solutions and develops action plans and follow up to ensure completion.
- Resolve general employee relations issues in a timely and professional manner ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Working closely with the HRBPs and COE leads to resolving complex employee relations matters and building positive employee experiences at each stage of the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding including exit interview coordination.
- Support the disciplinary process and case management tracking.
- Work with HR Business Partners and Internal Comms experts on crafting and transmitting Staff Communication on various employee engagement interventions.
- Support the different Employee Surveys from time to time.
Data Management & Reporting
- As a power user for various HRIS tools, maintain accurate employee and candidate records to support HR processes, and train staff on ESS resources as needed from time to time.
- Produce essential and value-add reports in a timely manner.
- Support the collation of HR metrics and dashboards.
- Monitor the execution of administrative work related to physical files, forms, and records as well as manage the full migration to e-filing.
- Support the drive toward HR shared service process standardization and improvement by seeking and providing continuous feedback.
- Take a substantive lead in the preparation of HR audits and subsequent action plans.
- Undertake specific HR-related projects with the larger HR team global as appropriate.
Skills and Competencies
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, accepts responsibility for their own work, both successes, and failures. Handles fair share and does not make excuses for problems. Usually meets commitments to others.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, quickly determines the most critical data and focuses analysis there; recognizes even subtle symptoms that indicate problems; probes deeply for root causes; uses systematic problem-solving methods. well.
- Manoeuvres comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics. For example, has a firm grasp of organizational culture and politics; connects with key stakeholders, and knows when to bring something to their attention.
- Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise. For example, takes a positive approach to conflicts; helps dispel tension; seeks guidance and feedback on managing conflict; delivers controversial viewpoints candidly and sensitively; does not take arguments personally.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, pursues, explores, and develops ways to ensure their own work is as effective as possible within all relevant processes. Shares an analysis of process problems with stakeholders; discusses how to resolve the issue.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. For example, swiftly internalizes coaching on routine issues; handles issues confidently after instruction. Leverages rules and procedures to speed up decision-making. Confidently and quickly draws on others’ expertise.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, finds many ways to add value to the team; probes to draw out richer input from others; is a valued resource who goes out of the way to help others.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in HR digital and technology applications. Uses digital/social media to benefit the team and add value to the work being done; understands how to avoid misuse of these tools.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, adopts a sequence of activities that allows for optimal efficiency and effective coordination with others. Makes skillful use of resources and support to deliver efficient, high-quality work.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, seeks out others’ perspectives and asks good questions. Shares information that people need to know; gives appropriate context and details when advising clients.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, devotes considerable effort to surpassing goals and achieving the best possible results; goes above and beyond to achieve excellence. Drives ahead with great focus when faced with obstacles and setbacks; maintains productivity and a positive attitude.
- Consistently lives our 5 core values: puts Families First; makes No Small Plans; drives Towards Sustainability; is Inventive and Adaptive, and masters the Art of Collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies.
- At least 4 years of experience working in Human Resources. Experience in an HR Operations or HR Shared Service department will be an added advantage.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic under law.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend not responding and not sending money or personal information.