Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER LEGAL SERVICES, YEDF GRADE 3: REF: YEDF/MLS/6/2022
Job Location: Nairobi
Contract Period: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Purpose of the Job
The Manager Legal Services will provide Board’s Secretarial and Legal Services to the Fund in line with the Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations. He/She will be the Head the Legal Services Function. The officer at this level will be responsible to the CEO for the management and coordination of the Legal function.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Provide guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of corporate governance;
- Assist the Board in carrying out: Board induction and training, updating the Board and Committee charters, preparing Board work plans, Board evaluation, governance audit, and implementation of the code of conduct and ethics;
- Ensure timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers and minutes and be the custodian of the seal of the organization and account to the Board for its use;
- Formulate and implement the Fund’s legal policies and procedures and provide advise on legal matters;
- Draft contracts and Memorandums of Understanding and other legal documents on behalf of the Fund;
- Initiate required legislation amendments for the promotion of the Fund’s activities;
- Liaising with external lawyers and the attorney general on legal matters and operations;
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements by the fund;
- Conduct field visits and investigation missions;
- Conduct research on legal issues falling within the fund’s mandate;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience five (5) of which should be in a management position;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Master of Laws degree from a recognized institution /Part III of the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPS, K);
- Post graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admission as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A valid practicing certificate;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution;
- Computer proficiency; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability required at this level.
Details of Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements of the position can be accessed at the YEDF website:
Qualified applicants should send their applications and testimonials to:
Youth Enterprise Development Fund Board 4th Floor, Renaissance Corporate Park Upper Hill
P.O. Box 48610-00100
The position reference number MUST be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications MUST include application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees and their daytime contacts and must indicate current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant certificates and testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport. Applications must be received not later than 5pm on 28th June, 2022. Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to reapply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified. Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
Youth Enterprise Development Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.