Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDITOR REF: TNH/HRD/ISA/06/2022
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out independent and objective assurance of the hospital’s information systems through regular audits and/or special investigations in line with the annual audit plan.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the preparation of the annual audit plan in line with key risk areas and strategic priorities of the hospital in consultation with the Internal Audit Manager.
- Prepare and submit the audit program including risk assessment, evaluation of control environment, formulation of audit objectives, designing audit procedures, information gathering, and evidence analysis to ensure quality risk-based audits.
- Review ICT policies, procedures and work instructions for adequacy.
- Work closely with the IT project team to provide assurance on the implementation of the ERP/ HMIS and ensure adequate controls are built into the system.
- Evaluate systems processes to determine efficiency, completeness and accuracy.
- Give assurance on protection of Information Assets
- Review Information Systems Operations and Business Resilience.
- Assess entire ICT environment from application systems and business protocols to determine whether business objectives are being attained in a secure environment.
- Review Hospital’s hardware and software to ensure acquisition and deployment and disposal process are in line with best practice and policies.
- Provide assurance on security for the entire ICT environment within the Hospital including infrastructure.
- Participate in the change management process.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities and create counteractive strategies to protect the network. Review information system application servers, backups, IT infrastructure, network, Business Continuity plan, and Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure compliance to policy and best practice.
- Monitor and report on utility of information systems facilities within the hospital for continuous checks and develop report on findings.
- Review, evaluate, and test application controls.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Test IT general controls within the Hospital to ensure confidentiality and access management are well managed
- Carry out routine and special audit assignments as requested from time to time and develop report on findings and recommendations that inform on action points.
- Prepare audit reports for review and subsequent presentation to senior management and the Board of Management.
- Conduct integrated audit in collaboration with the Business Processes Auditors to provide assurance of the Business environment taking into account the ICT aspect.
- Carry out audit follow ups when due, based on Board resolutions & management action points and develop reports on implementation status
- Keep abreast on latest technology and trends to provide input to mitigate emerging threats to the Hospital.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor certifications is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Active member of ICPAK/IIA
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Knowledge of internal audit and applicable standards
- Working knowledge of internal audit software such as IDEA & TeamMate
- Understanding of hospital operating model
- Computer literacy skills
- Analytical skills
- Judgement skills
- Independent minded
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
- Team player
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter, CV/Resume & Academic certificates) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100