Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is recruiting for a Manager, Nutritious Food Financing Facility (N3F) to lead on the effective pipeline development working with SMEs under the N3F Fund across Sub-Saharan Africa.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Manager, Nutritious Foods Financing (N3F) will be responsible for leading on the effective pipeline development by GAIN team, managing the identification of SMEs that fit the N3F Fund financial and nutrition criteria across Sub-Saharan Africa.
The post holder will develop the implementation of GAIN’s N3F TA offerings by overseeing and assessing the technical assistance needs of SMEs, matching them with service providers, and implementing activities to ensure the quality of services provided.
In addition to this, they will contribute to the financing engagement work of N3F to improve awareness, capacity and commitment among investors of nutrition.
Role specifics include;
- Establishing an effective SME pipeline development from GAIN country teams and programmes (including Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Nigeria) with a nutrition lens
- Leading on the identification of additional potential investee SMEs operating in the food value chains, in close collaboration with the fund manager, Incofin IM
- Representing GAIN at national and regional technical meetings, tradeshows and workshops and scope SMEs that fit the N3F criteria across Anglophone and Francophone Africa
- Developing and maintaining SMEs pipeline database and preparing quarterly overviews of the pipeline
- Identifying technical assessment needs of SMEs operating in the food value chain
- Overseeing and designing technical assistance support packages tailored to individual SMEs and group training according to common needs in the portfolio in Francophone Africa
- Leading on matchmaking activities between TA requirements and service providers, managing engagements between GAIN, service providers, and beneficiaries.
- Convening and facilitating learnings on approaches for investing in nutrition, generating data to spark interest from investors and funds
- Overseeing the implementation of project workplans and ensuring that all assignments delivered on time and budget
- Taking responsibility for the creation of the donor reporting on the N3F Finance Engagement and the N3F TA reporting in collaboration with the N3F Programme Lead
The ideal candidate will have substantive experience related to food supply chains and working with SMEs.
You will have advanced expertise directly or indirectly related to impact investing, development finance and/or grant-making and technical assistance support to SMEs, with proven experience in the agribusiness sector in emerging economies, market finance, nutrition impact investment and / or development finance across Anglophone and Francophone Africa.
You will possess exceptional written and report writing skills, as well as exceptional communication, influencing, advocacy and negotiation skills working with international partners including governments, food enterprises, development agencies, international organizations, and NGOs both at the global and country level.
Professional proficiency in English and French is required. Experience of public / private partnerships and private sector experience is desirable. Willingness to travel is essential to this role.
About our offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from KES 4,058,496 – KES 4,639,992 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 15th July 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
15 July 2022