Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a body corporate established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act (FCMA), 2016 with the mandate to enhance development, conservation and management of Kenya’s forest resources in all public forests for the equitable benefit of present and future generations.
In addition, the Service is mandated to provide technical advice and capacity build the County Governments in executing their respective devolved forestry functions among them management of community, private lands and on-farm forests.
KFS envisages to be an internationally recognized organization of excellence in knowledge based sustainable forest resources conservation and management. Towards this end, KFS has made tremendous and noteworthy milestones among them the attainment and surpassing of the 10% tree cover target as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya which currently stands at 12.13% as per the National Forest Resources Assessment Report 2021.
These gains have made high positive impact in enhancing environmental integrity, economic growth, sociocultural development and climate change resilience. Subsequently, and in line with the provisions of the FCMA 2016 and Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations, KFS is seeking to recruit qualified, performance driven and highly motivated individuals to support achievement of its strategic objectives in the highly dynamic forestry sector in the following positions;
a) Job Specification
This is the entry and induction grade for the Legal Officers cadre. An officer at this level shall report to Head Legal Services.
b) Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing legal advice to the Service to ensure implementation of best legal approach
- Drawing up and submitting contracts, agreements and other legal documents
- Preparing the department’s budget and expenditure
- Prepare quarterly legal reports
- Undertake legal research to ensure that the Service is acting in accordance with applicable law.
- Attend court proceedings
- Preparing Board resolutions, action plans, Board reports and Board minutes
- Liaising with external lawyers on all cases files against the Service to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time
- Working with external lawyers to initiate Law suits, formulate defense, gather evidence in legal proceedings involving the Service
- Representing the Service in litigation matters
- Responsible for the Legal Assistants in a given section.
- In charge legal registry
- Oversee verification compiled records for accuracy;
- Process legal transactions;
- Ensure maintenance of efficient filing system; and keep legal records safe.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Job Specifications
- Degree in law, or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Advocate of the High court of Kenya
- Member of Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Proficiency in Computer application
Hard copy applications
In addition to the online application, applicants MUST print and attach the NOTIFICATION EMAIL as the first page to the hard copy applications. The hard copy application should clearly indicate the position and reference number. Attach current curriculum vitae (clearly indicating the mobile number, names and contact details of three referees), copies of relevant testimonials, academic and professional certificates and copy of national identity card.
The application should clearly be marked with reference number for each position and should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR (WRITE POSTION & REFERENCE); so as to reach the Service not later than 11th July, 2022 by 5.00pm.
NB: The application will not be considered complete until the two steps are successfully undertaken. Further, email applications shall not be considered.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P. O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.