Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
As a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children.
We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
The Chief Executive Officer will lead the Kenya Micro Finance Institution (MFI), in creating a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks. The position will manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets. The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with World Vision to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation. As a Christian VisionFund leader, facilitate the spiritual and professional development of MFI CEOs and direct reports with the following major responsibilities:
- To ensure that the vision, and mission, purpose, goals, objectives, outputs and policies set by the Board and approved by VFI are fully implemented, complied with and met.
- Achievement of annual targets and strategic goals.
- Fund Sourcing
- Financial and Risk Management
- Effective integration with WV and any other Partnerships (both local and international) and effective promotion of the organization’s relations
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Policy formulation and compliance with local regulations and VFI policies
- Appointing Authority & Governance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum a Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field
- Must have at least ten years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry and technology
- Must have worked experience in regulatory environment and better with institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Very good knowledge in economic and financial topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to World Vision’s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- Master’s degree, preferably in banking or business administration.
- Experience in Credit Risk oversight and reporting.
- Experience as microfinance practitioner/manager, and track record in producing good credit performance.
- Experience in the broader Risks MFIs face.
- Experience working closely with MFIs in East-Africa region and contexts in particular Kenya.
Applicant Types Accepted:Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted