Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) specialist who will develop and oversee the operationalization of the Institute’s MEL framework and systems to ensure that they effectively support the achievement of the Institute’s strategic plan. The job holder will also provide MEL support on the Institute projects with governments and other partners.
This position could be based at either AFIDEP’s Nairobi (Kenya) office or Lilongwe (Malawi) office.
- Coordinate development of Institutional and project annual work plans.
- Support various Program partners to develop their respective MERL Plans.
- Develop quarterly Institutional and project performance reports.
- Guide the process of identifying key performance indicators including developing the parameters for monitoring Institution-wide and program performance.
- Develop and regularly review Institutional performance monitoring tools.
- Track activity implementation and undertake analysis of implementation milestones
- Provide leadership in writing results-based, target-oriented periodic performance reports.
- Develop a plan for capacity building on MEL for staff of AFIDEP and partner organizations.
- Provide MEL technical support to program MERL specialists, ensuring congruence between program/project and Institutional MERL activities and outputs.
- Communicate learning for internal and external audiences.
- Master’s Degree in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics, Applied Statistics or a relevant discipline and Postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a senior level on MEL, including institutional MEL development and oversight. Experience in a regional/international organization is desirable.
- Good analytical skills coupled with ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders Knowledge of integrated multi-sectoral programming.
- Experience and knowledge in using a wide range of project planning methods and good understanding of the project management cycle.
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research skills developed within a research institution.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and independent report writing skills.
- Proven ability to structure persuasive arguments in a strategic manner.
- Strong IT skills with excellent command of data analysis and reporting software.
To apply: Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability for the position, including the position title “Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Associate” on the subject of the email, and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12th July 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.