Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency. Our mission is to provide affordable access to high quality food and grocery across African cities. Our ambition is to modernize Africa’s urban informal retail by using technology, to aggregate demand and help create an efficient supply chain that makes food and grocery more affordable.
Cash & Bank Assistant Vacancy
Twiga Foods is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of a Cash & Bank Assistant. the role holder will be accountable for responsible for organizing, initiating, and tracking all outgoing payment transactions in the defined manner for the purpose of proper payables and treasury management. The role holder will also be responsible for preparing the weekly bank reconciliations for all accounts, as well as preparing monthly cash forecast.
Payment Execution: On a continuous basis:
- Initialize all outgoing payments for fully reconciled and signed off payment reconciliations and ensuring appropriate and timely signatory approvals.
- Perform posting of all completed payments into individual supplier ledgers against bank according to remittance advise provided.
- Circulate to all internal and external payees, proof of payments supported by the remittance advise detailing the make-up of the payments.
- Performing bank reconciliations to ensure accurate real-time balances and following up on any unreconciled amounts and irregularities.
- Preparing a 90-day rolling cash forecast and highlighting any low cash balance instances on a timely basis.
- Overseeing the adequate funding of all special purpose accounts (Mpesa, Salary etc) and ensuring all sweep instructions are carried out on a timely basis.
- Initializing all foreign currency trades
- Responsible for all account opening, amendment and closing processes.
- Supporting the monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting with specific emphasis on physical vouching of payment documents.
- Stakeholder Relations Management: Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholder with prompt turn-around to queries regarding payments.
- Document Management: ensure the safe and orderly archiving of all payment and payment related documents for the time required to meet audit, legal and tax queries.
- Ensure safe custody of bank statements, company cheque books, inward cheques and any bank correspondences.
- Participate in the physical stock taking exercise in conjunction with the wider accounting team weekly /monthly.
- Participate in the business wide Fixed Asset verification exercise on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in interim and final statutory audit, tax audits and any other assessments the business may be engaged in with specific emphasis on physical vouching of payment documents.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Have at least 1 years working experience in a busy accounting environment (with considerable exposure to high volume of payables accounting).
- Have prior experience working with an ERP/Substantial accounting software.
- Have a university degree in Business, Economics, or relevant field.
- (CPA-part 1) or ACCA equivalent.
- Certificate/Diploma in Monetary Studies/Banking an added advantage.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Excel skills.
Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. We care deeply about making Twiga a place where everyone can learn, grow, and have an impact. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to email@example.com or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000.