The EU Delegation to the Republic of Kenya is the diplomatic representation of the EU in Kenya, and analyses Kenya’s politics, economics, social, development and foreign policies and implements EU development assistance while promoting and defending the values and interests of the EU.
We offer a post of Budget / Accounting Assistant (2 positions) . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Budget / Accounting Assistant – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the Foreign Policy Instruments unit under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The position is based in Nairobi for an unlimited duration subject to six months’ probation. As an indication, the monthly basic salary starts at KShs. 274,341/- (subject to local tax law).
The position is open to nationals and residents of Kenya with a valid work permit (compulsory).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
- Post-secondary education Diploma in Accounting or relevant discipline (eligibility)
- At least 5 years working experience in the Administration and Financial management of projects (eligibility)
Note: compliance with all the eligibility criteria listed above must be clearly demonstrated in the submitted CV
- Past experience in management of EC funded programmes would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in the EC dealing with cooperation projects (contract and finance matters) would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of general accounting systems.
- Good knowledge of administrative/financial management. Administrative rules and procedures of the Commission would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of English (working language). Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Good oral and written presentation skills;
- Good IT skills required
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, national counterparts, donor agencies, other stakeholders and ability to adapt well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Personal initiative and ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
- Open, flexible personality; excellent ability to perform duties with accuracy within a given deadline.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegation-Kenya-Recruitment@eeas.europa.eu by 15 April 2017, 16hrs 00 and should have in the subject line “Budget Assistant-Accounting”. The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV.
APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to the provided email address.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.