Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is seeking a talented graphic and multimedia designer to grow the Marketing & Creative team’s capabilities building organizational brand awareness and leveraging novel creative approaches to cut through the clutter. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing video content, designing print and digital collateral across mediums and channels, and coordinating with outside vendors. The candidate will be highly creative, communicative, with an ability to meet quick turnarounds in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Work closely with the Design & Digital Development Manager to maintain and advance the organization’s visual identity
- Produce and edit videos for various organizational initiatives including project shoots, interviews with high-level staff and filming of wildlife
- Create cutting-edge animations for use in video and web projects
- Coordinate video shoots conducted by outside vendors working with the Design & Digital Development Manager
- Support the design and layout of AWF’s core publications and other print collateral.
- Fulfill creative requests within the organization ranging from office signage to merchandise
- Create and maintain print templates for use within the organization
- Produce content for use across AWF’s social media channels as needed
- Support fundraising initiatives, providing web graphics or video assets as needed
- Assist in maintaining the organization’s photography and video asset library
- Maintain the Marketing & Creative department’s A/V equipment at our Nairobi-based headquarters
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design / multimedia design or related field with 4+ year(s) of experience
- Demonstrated ability to create a wide variety of video assets including social media content, short-form video series, and other related video projects.
- Proven graphic design experience with a portfolio consisting of a wide range of styles and out of the box creative approaches
- Proficient with Adobe CC’s core applications e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign as well as Adobe’s suite of video products including Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with motion graphics, using After Effects, Animate or similar applications
- Video editing experience, and media output and encoding for different platforms
- Experience with video production equipment a plus (camera operation, lighting and sound recording).
- Excellent skill in design conceptualization and corporate/product branding, with experience following detailed brand style guides
- Skills in typography, composition and color
- Experience with print production and proof checking a plus
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Audience-first mindset and the ability to ensure we live out our brand promise and communicate our work consistently across channels
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines
- Keen interest or experience in Africa’s wildlife/land/people preferred, but not required