Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the cook will be responsible for preparation of quality and balanced meals to students, staff and guests in the academy. He/she will also assist in implementation of the academy menu.
- Assist in development and provision of a well-balanced menu and timely preparation and serving of meals
- Responsible for production of safe, quality and tasty foods and beverages.
- Ensure that food is requested according to the number of students and staff in the academy and that there is no wastage of food.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and the highest standard of hygiene in food handling and in the work area in line with the public health regulations on food safety.
- Taking care of catering equipment and utensils by taking regular inventories and reporting any loss or breakage of items.
- Ensure that the kitchen is locked and keys kept safely upon closure.
- Ensure that waste is segregated during food preparation.
- Cook is expected to be flexible, from time to time he/she may be added task in line with their role by their direct manager
- Diploma of equivalent in food preparation from a recognized institution;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a cook in a comparable institution;
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is C.O.B Monday 25th November, 2019.