Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
SECURITY AND SAFETY OFFICER
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Security and Safety Officer advises the delegation/site on security risk assessment and associated mitigating measures while ensuring proper diffusion and access to information related to security in line with duty of care obligations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervises the private security guards and provides guidance on how to follow and respect security rules within the delegation/premises;
- Ensures the security of Nairobi Regional Delegation and Logistics Support centre is covered 24/7;
- Carries out regular checks on fire safety, security and other emergency procedures and reports on the same;
- Attends accidents, follows up with the police to obtain the abstract and liaises with courts for matters pertaining to ICRC cases on traffic accidents;
- Gives technical feedback to the Head of Department on the effective functioning of the security management system;
- Advises Head of Security department on implications in case of non-compliance to security rules and supports the management in dealing with possible investigations into security and safety incidents;
- Monitors CCTV footage and review in case of incident and prepares a report;
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Diploma in security management or equivalent;
- Experience with Military or National Police Services (minimum rank of Corporal and 5 years’ experience);
- Five years’ work experience in a similar function from recognized organisations with excellent references;
- Valid driving license with minimum three years’ experience;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Organisational skills and sense of responsibility;
- Ready to work irregular hours without supervision;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
How to Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 24th January 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via: E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Security and Safety Officer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.