Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nairobi & Tana River
- Lead the overall redesign, planning, implementation, quality control and monitoring of the REBULD project in the Tana River
- Provide technical leadership to community members in project activities such as land reclamation, livestock disease control, livelihood diversification, rangeland management, innovative pasture production, climate resilient agro-forestry practices, water harvesting and conservation, adoption of drought resistant and short maturing crop varieties and fruit species.
- Provide technical support in development of market systems and business enterprises for project participants
- Lead all policy and advocacy initiatives of the project in food Security and Disaster Risk Reduction, nutrition…….
- Deliberately enhance grassroots women agency throughout the project intervention and manage community dynamics as appropriate
- Facilitate training of project staff on Disaster Risk Reduction and nutrition sensitive programming
- Facilitate all technical capacity building project activities to external stakeholders and project participants
- Inbuilt participatory project monitoring initiatives, develop all project management and donor reports
- Represent GROOTS Kenya in all project steering and partners meeting and make high quality presentations.
- Act as the team leader for the project
- Take lead in the project mapping activities, baseline, mid-term, final evaluations and reporting
- Educational level required: Degree in applied sciences (Rural Development, Disaster Response Management, Natural Resource Management, Environment, livelihoods, Agriculture)
- Technical Training qualifications required. Training on Disaster Risk Management and Livelihood
- Demonstrated Experience in similar assignments, value chain analysis, supporting women entrepreneurships and market systems, project management, EU or bilateral donor funded projects
- Past Experience working in ASAL region is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Must be a committed to gender equality and women empowerment
- Ability to meet deadlines without failure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Self-driven Leader and a strategic and critical thinker
- Exceptional Time Management skills with a high sense of agency:
- Highly Innovative
- High Planning and Organization skills:
- Great Interpersonal Skills (Internal and External stakeholders):
- Conflict management skills; demonstrates tact and diplomacy when resolving conflicts,
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- High performing and result oriented person
How to Apply
“To apply for this position, interested individuals should submit a CV ONLY to email@example.com by 30th June 2020. Applications with any other attachments will be rejected. The subject head must be the position applied.