Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC)
Our client, the Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) is a Government owned Development Finance Institution (DFI) mandated “to assist in the development of agriculture and agricultural industries by making loans to farmers, co-operative societies, incorporated group representatives, private companies, public bodies, local authorities and other persons engaging in agriculture or agricultural industries”.
The Board of AFC is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to carry on the corporation’s mission to provide customer focused and sustainable financial services to the agricultural sector in Kenya and sustain momentum for providing agriculture services towards a sustainable future.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will provide leadership to the executive team of the corporation and will have responsibility of the functions of the corporation including overall accountability for operational and strategic performance of the corporation and the realisation of its statutory mandate.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead in the development of the corporation’s strategic business plan ensuring alignment with the statutory mandate;
- Ensure realization of the Corporate Strategic Plan and other annual plans and delivery of key result areas;
- Establish a sound financial position for the corporation, maintaining a balanced and sustainable short and long term P&L responsibility;
- Prepare annual budgets for approval by the Board and ratification by Government, and develop a sound capital and liquidity ratio, ensuring continuous reviews and strengthening of internal controls;
- Ensure continuous improvement of the capacity and skills of the corporation’s team, effective Human resource management; and foster a culture that mainstreams gender across the functions and operations of the Corporation;
- Establish and ensure diligent service to the Corporation’s clients by championing delivery models that ensure speed of service to clients, convenience and transparency;
- Maintain robust partnerships with development partners and other non-state actors, and continually reposition the corporation as a tool to catalyse both public and private sector investments; and
- Identify principal risks likely to affect the corporation, and establish robust internal mechanisms to mitigate them.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university;
- Have at least Fifteen (15) years’ work experience in Banking either Development Finance and/ or Agrifinance industries, with not less than five (5) years spent in a senior leadership role (s);
- Possess valid membership to a relevant professional body and be of good standing;
- Have practical knowledge and experience in credit risk management, lending and resource mobilisation;
- Be a trans-formative leader who is visionary, change ambassador, people leader and business driver; and
- Be highly networked with ability to foster strategic relationships and partnerships.
This appointment is on contractual terms for a period of three (3) renewable for one (1) further 3 year term, subject to performance and relevant public service regulations governing staff tenure.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including: A Valid Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from EACC, clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the above role, please submit your application, including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html .
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 2 October 2020 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
The Agricultural Finance Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte ToucheTohmatsu Limited and its member firms.