Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MVR) Lead, USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative, Somalia
SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to understand the successes and challenges on the ground quickly, and to take prompt action if needed.
SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) Team Leader to serve as the dedicated lead of MV&R. This includes managing the overall MV&R work plan and process; leading the review, preparation, and editing of tools, protocols, and materials; editing final MV&R reports for submission; and presenting findings to USAID.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship will be considered.**
- Manage overall MV&R work-plan and process, and problem solves against constraints experienced.
- Edit final MV&R reports for submission to USAID, ensuring clarity, quality, and USAID usability.
- Lead, review, preparation, and editing of tools, protocols, and materials for MV&R activities.
- Assist the Chief of Party (COP) manage and coordinate the MV&R team and ensure essential functions are in place, such as procurement and contracting, finance and administration, IT support and in-house technical and subject matter expertise.
- Manage short-term technical assignments relevant to the delivery of MV&R deliverables.
- Assist the COP and Deputy Chief of Party trouble-shoot and problem-solve matters related to field operations including contracting, payments, third-party monitor management, and report production.
- Develop PowerPoint and ad hoc presentations of monitoring data as requested by USAID.
- Stand in for specified functions or supervises interim MV&R staff as needed.
- Graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or related technical field.
- At least five years of international experience in the management, monitoring, and evaluation of development programs
- Experience developing monitoring tools, training, and managing staff in the effective use of these tools.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia as needed.