Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AIM: To lead a group of technical specialists/scientists within a specialty/indication area consisting of one or two reporting levels and act as interface to relevant functions and sections within the company
To influence the strategy of the function, drive innovation and provide context and direction for the science/technical area
KEY ACCOUNTAB ILITIES
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop teams of science professionals and/or experts to advance technical knowledge and/or solve complex problems addressing business needs. Lead and mentor complex development projects.
- Allocate resource within the group and work within defined budgets.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and communication of the strategy in their global function by applying cross-functional and business knowledge.
- Provide scientific expertise in cross-functional project teams within T&E and other parts of the business.
- Initiate new projects and design/implement more efficient processes.
- Provide constructive challenge to ensure scientific integrity and prioritization of work.
- Foster a culture of innovation; implement science & technology change within the organization.
- Ensure scientific integrity and prioritization through project reviews and challenge.
- Build and nurture an internal and external scientific network, act as an ambassador for T&E, manage external collaborations.
- Ensure implementation of global policies and compliance with internal guidelines regarding Health, Safety and Environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualification and competencies:
- Degree in agriculture/or Botany or Horticulture
- Master’s degree in Plant Sciences or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience as a senior grower or crop manager
- Thorough knowledge of horticulture business production, end to end and technology
- Ability to do departmental budgeting and follow up on the implementation of the same within the specified timelines
Ø Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ø Must possess a proven track record of leading teams with good problem-solving skills.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting and challenging role, please write in confidence before 25th September 2020. Enclose your curriculum vitae containing an e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, remuneration (current and expected) and addresses of three references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.