Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Objective of the position
The Project Finance Officer works with the Kenya based Country Team, and receives hierarchical supervision from the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO). He/she will be expected to work in close collaboration with the Project Manager accountable for the full roll out and oversight of the GFEMS project implemented in Kilifi and Kwale counties within our sexual exploitation of children programme in Kenya. The project titled Building a Future focuses on basic education support, vocational skills training for victims of commercial sexual exploitation, and building livelihood alternatives to address poverty targeting families of victims of sex trafficking to prevent further exploitation/re traficking. S/he will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective support, logistical and financial facilitation/administration to enable smooth implementation of the project.
This is an anticipated position to be filled subject to funding by GFEMS for the project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform financial administrative work
- Assists in collecting relevant (financial) administrative data and verifies its accuracy, reliability, completeness and timeliness.
- To coordinate with the Finance and Administration Officer on all finance related issues of the assigned project;
- To be responsible for all financial (cash and cheque) transactions and recordings and safekeeping of related documents;
- To be responsible for timely monthly financial reports and budget requests of assigned project and to keep the books as per the guidelines of the regional office and requirements of national government;
- To assist in office audits/monitoring visits undertaken by the Nairobi and regional office;
- To be responsible for safeguarding the organisation’s assets in close coordination with the project coordinator and the country office;
- Responsible for managing cash flow and transfers to the assigned projects;
- Responsible for verification of bank details for assigned projects before forwarding them to Finance and Administration Officer;
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring project expenditure and reporting any irregularities to the Finance and Administration Officer;
- To ensure field advances are settled in a timely manner in line with the financial guidelines;
- To perform field monitoring visits to the assigned projects;
- To support project staff to ensure that the project reports are delivered on time and are of good quality, according to TdH-NL and donor standards.
- Identify together with Finance and Administration Officer areas for further improvement on financial management and define frameworks, procedures and indicators oriented towards improved organizational and financial management;
- Responsible for organising day to day field logistics for the field team and Kenya Country office team field visit;
- Responsible for procurements of the GFEMS- TdH-NL project and ensuring they are in line with TdH and donor financial guidelines;
- Manages the financial records archive, keeps it current and complete and provides the required files/documents on request.
- Maintains various supplies (office supplies etcetera) and in case of shortage, handles orders to the responsible colleague.
- Make information available
- Ensures appropriate and timely delivery of information by internal stakeholders. If necessary, engages with those involved.
- Assists in periodic reports and ad hoc analyses of a financial nature.
- Assists in compiling (periodic) summaries of various nature and content.
- Assists in contributing to the preparation and establishment of reports; collects and processes data for the budget, annual plans, division plan, annual reports and periodic reports of the department in this context.
- Assists in the delivery of data for the progress, management and accountability reports of the department.
- Facilitate work processes
- Acts proactively on developments that affect the financial focus area and with respect to their own department.
- Identifies potential bottlenecks in the work processes and/or financial systems; makes improvements and undertakes relevant actions, after approval by the manager.
- Guards budgets, identifies potential bottlenecks and proposes measures to be taken.
- Solves problems of a deviant nature within set guidelines and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties that can reasonably be asked of this position.
Education, experience and skills required
- Relevant University degree up to at least Bachelor’s level.
- Relevant accounting professional qualification up to completion level.
- Practical experience in financial administration – planning/budgeting, execution, controlling, documentation and reporting (grant management cycle).
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar non-profit organisation.
- Previous experience of working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel/Google sheets is essential.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and verbal capability in Kiswahili.
- Social skills required for communication with external relations and colleagues, the acquisition of clarifications of data, reports and the solving of problems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Focus on results
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills- written and orally
- Planning, organising, cooperation, performance oriented
- High degree of taking initiative and working independently
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae by email to: email@example.com, clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position and your expected remuneration, no later than 2nd October 2020 by 5.00 pm (EAT). The email subject should be marked: Application for Project Finance Officer Kenya followed by your surname. For more information about this position, you can contact us through the same email address.
Please note that this is a full time national position, with frequent travel to the field. Initial contract period will be for one year, with a possibility of extension. Applicants must be able to provide proof of the right to live and work in Kenya. Kindly also note that due to the expected large responses only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection procedure will include an assessment test and other procedures (including child safeguarding), and checking of recent professional references.