Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kuku Foods Kenya Ltd, the KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) Franchisee in Kenya, is a rapidly growing company, currently operating twenty-two (22) restaurants in Kenya.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Controller, reporting to the Chief Finance Officer.
We are looking for a dynamic professional with a positive can-do attitude to join our team.
- Inspirational leader
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Specific Job Tasks
- Manage the Company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Preparation of management reports including Balance Sheet, P&L, cash flows with variance explanations and Store Income Statements to specific deadlines
- Accurate periodic financial management reporting including scenario modelling and analytics of the financial performance to shareholders, senior management and others
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Planning and preparation of the annual statement of accounts, including liaising with the external auditors as appropriate
b) Risk Management
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Ensure that company internal controls and processes are developed, implemented and maintained in the company
- Ensure that tight financial controls and processes are developed, implemented and maintained in the company
- Ensure adequate insurance cover for all company assets
c) Treasury & Working Capital Management
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- Managing bank balances and payment structures
- Monitoring and payment of creditors; vetting and authorization of disbursements
- Approve all payments for the Group
d) Budgeting & Planning
- Preparation and monitoring of company annual budget and reporting
- Liaise with senior teams to grow the business, formulate strategies and plans
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
e) Taxation & Compliance
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Ensure that legal, regulatory, statutory and tax requirements are adhered to and ensure prompt preparation of statutory returns
- Review work outputs of the Accounting team
- Review of financial reports produced by the Accounting team
- Ensure continuous professional development of Accounting team through training, mentoring and coaching
- Develop external business relationships with appropriate contacts
- University degree
- Professional qualification eg CPA, ACCA, CFA
- At least 7 years’ progressive experience in a busy FMCG, Manufacturing or Audit environment
- Proficient in accounting systems and software
- Working knowledge of professional accounting standards and ethics
- Good understanding of all tax matters including PAYE, Import tax, Excise tax, Corporation tax etc
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd October 2020, indicating the Job Title as the Subject.
Successful applicants will be notified via email and telephone.