Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Please note, that this job is based out of West Pokot.
Recruitment for this position is part of a very special project called the Off-Grid Talent Initiative, run by Shortlist in partnership with UKAID and the Carbon Trust. If you are hired for the position, not only will you join your new company but you will also become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders’ Community. This includes mentorship, peer network support, online training and other exclusive resources, as well as follow up over the length of your contract. Apply today, begin a career in the renewable energy industry with your new company, and become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders.
The Human Resource Officer position is an entry job position at African Clean Energy (ACE). The HR Officer delivers and promotes career development, labour market, employment and training programs and services that maximize employment and education opportunities for staff. The Human Resource Officer will perform administrative and strategic hiring duties and ensure compliance with all local and state regulations of Kenya that govern employment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To assess the workforce’s current skill levels and compare them with the skills required to meet future business objectives. He/ She will discuss training requirements with departmental heads and develop training programs to improve skills/ talents throughout the company.
- Plans and evaluates the resources needed to meet training and development goals in the company. Participate in hiring training consultants or use online training programs to supplement the face-to-face sessions delivered by in house facilitators
- Prepare progress reports for the senior management team and maintain employees’ training records.
- Overseeing employee health and safety procedures
- Updating job requirements when needed
- Contacting applicants references and performing criminal background checks required by company
- Explaining and providing information on employee benefits, programs, and education
- Advising on company benefit needs or evaluating benefit contract bids
- Covering all legal compliance for human resource requirements as provided by the Kenyan government.
- Maintaining employee records and paperwork
- Answering employee questions and addressing employee concerns with company
- Reviewing procedures for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Representing employer in community and recruiting events
- Overseeing social events
- Support and deliver interactive and participatory trainings to teams
- Participate in creating and rolling out tailored training programs under the ACE academy
- Organizing and managing new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
- Any other duties as assigned and directed by the Human Resource manager.
Apply by 06 November 2020