Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Perform technical aspects of big data technologies development including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments.
- Build software applications that will be used to deliver data to end users for exploration, advanced analytics and visualizations for day to day business reporting.
- Plan and deliver highly scalable distributed big data systems, using different open source technologies including but not limited to Hadoop, Kafka, Nifi, Hbase, Cassandra, Hive, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis DB etc.
- Code, test, and document scripts for managing large big data clusters.
- Architect and build data fabric to collect and transport data to the Hadoop ecosystem.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
Working with Others
- Work closely with infrastructure, network, APIs, database, business intelligence and application teams to ensure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed service levels.
- Build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick.
- Receive escalated, technically complex mission critical issues, and maintain ownership of the issue until it is resolved completely.
- Hands on to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test hypotheses, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
- Support Big Data and analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
- Develop tools, and scripts to automate troubleshooting activities.
- Drive further improvements in the platform, tooling and processes.
- Upgrading products/services and applying patches as necessary.
- Maintaining backup and restoring the ETL and Reports repositories and other Systems binaries and source codes.
Creativity and Innovation
- Apply machine learning algorithms and libraries for problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business.
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Understand and use computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and computer architecture, for systems development.
Working With Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations
- Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance.
Project and Programme Management
- Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit.
- Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies.
- Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues.
- Result-oriented, with great ideas and solid quantitative skills to turn ideas into reality.
- You should have solid data management and analytical skills.
- Data science and machine learning programming.
- Experience with Java
- Experience with relational data stores as well as one or more NoSQL data stores (e.g., Mongo, Cassandra)
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Demonstrated proficiency with data structures, algorithms, distributed computing, and ETL systems
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Good knowledge of and experience with big data frameworks such as Apache Hive, Spark, Hadoop
- A working knowledge and experience of SQL scripting
Good to have
- Experience in deploying and managing Spark Machine Learning models at scale
- Hands on implementation and delivery of Spark workloads in an Agile DevOps working environment
- Highly proficient in more than one modern language, e.g., Java/C#/NodeJS/Python/Scala
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.