Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Operations Manager to Manage and oversee all aspects of Research Operations and ensure compliance to the Quality Management System, the Animal Care and Use Program, and project budgets and timelines;
under the ILRI’s newly developed Contract Research Organization (CRO) unit.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa (www.ilri.org).
ILRI is in the process of developing a Contract Research Organization (CRO) arm to provide services to internal and external research projects utilizing its animal research facilities. To ensure the delivery of efficient and high-quality research in line with compliance (VICH GCP) and time lines, ILRI is looking for an experienced person to manage the research operations, resources scheduling and animal facility compliance to applicable standards ensuring good quality work, delivery and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Expand and improve the site research activities through innovation, development, and customer focus;
- Serve as stand-in for the Head of the clinical research facilities & CRO and as a member of Test Facility Management.
- Provide research leadership through strategic and operation implementation aligned to company objectives,
- Conduct and oversee clinical research studies,
- Comprehension of clinical study plan/ protocols and clinical research.
- Plan and manage resources needed to conduct studies effectively,
- Oversee and monitor the management of research operations team objectives,
- Establish and promote working relations with sponsor representatives,
- Act as Study Director/ Investigator,
- Execute, if needed, study related tasks and activities according to Study Plan/ Protocol,
- Form part of the CRO management team with input on risk management, operational strategies, and compliance,
- Manage the department’s and/or service line’s compliance to accreditation, legal, and regulatory requirements,
- Manage reporting employees with the intent to promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance and rewards productivity,
- Oversee and manage department’s and/or service line’s resources within budget guidelines,
- Manage team timelines according to project plans and team goals,
- And any other duties that may be assigned
- PhD in Natural or Biological Science
- At least 3 years’ research experience
- Expertise in animal health, animal welfare, biosecurity, bio-safety issues, and the 3Rs (Refine, Replace and Reduce) concept associated with animal health research.
- Expertise in VICH GCP and GLP
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written and spoken English
Terms of Appointment
This is position is at job level HG 18 and it is open to both national and international applicants. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 10 January 2021.
The position title and reference number: CRO-ROM/12/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org