Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PACIS Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in Kenya in October 2004 and is an initiative of the Catholic Church, with a vision to be the icon of reliability and trustworthiness. In order to serve our growing client base, the company wishes to recruit an experienced, dynamic and innovative Business Development Executive-Medical.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The jobholder is responsible for growth of the Medical business book by bringing in new business and sustaining existing business in line with the company’s strategic plans.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish partnership with various intermediaries and recruit new brokers/agents/clients and other source business channels
- Develop a schedule and carry out client visits and provide a weekly plan and sales report
- Ensure to meet the sales targets by sourcing for new business through intermediaries and other business partners.
- Assist with follow up of renewals from the brokers, agencies, banks to improve business retention, and reduce loss ratio
- Ensure that intermediaries who have credit facilities terms are adhered with and credit policy of the company is followed and assist in debt collection.
- Develop new leads from existing business
- Collect Market intelligence from the competition and feedback such information to management
- Keep and update quotation details by logging the same to the system to facilitate ease of retrieval and to enable the company to use the same details for further prospecting.
- Maintain and update data bank of business partners and intermediaries
- Prepare report on success rate on quotation and reasons for unsuccessful quotes.
- Facilitate business quotation by liaising with underwriting department and ensure to submit the quotation to the requesting brokers and agents in good time to allow for feedback on our competitiveness.
- Read through tender documents requirements and prepare and submit the same as per tender instructions.
- Train intermediaries on the company’s affinity products
- Liaise with Finance department to facilitate timely payment of commission to the intermediaries as per company policy and set timelines
- Produce marketing reports within stipulated timelines.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration
- Diploma in Marketing/COP
- Two (2) years’ experience in insurance or other financial services organization.
- Knowledge of a broad range of insurance products.
Skills and Attributes
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledgeable about the market.
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating the preferred location and telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th January 2021.