Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Germany (VSF Germany) is an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF Germany supports livestock and agricultural production systems, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution. The desired impact of VSF Germany interventions is to increase agricultural and livestock productivity as well as related incomes; and subsequent improvements of food security and livelihoods for millions of people in the countries of operation in the Greater Horn of Africa. Countries programs are designed to deliver integrated programing solutions that address the key challenges and needs that enable our beneficiary groups, particularly men, women, the youth and other disadvantaged and marginalized groups to access skills, opportunities and resources that contribute to the improvement of their productive lives and development of communities.
VSF Germany currently implements activities in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, and Uganda. Country programs are coordinated from the Regional Office Nairobi (RON) which plays a key role in facilitating the Country Offices and its national partners to deliver on inclusive, sustainable pastoral livelihoods through implementation of livestock and agricultural development programs. In addition, RON supports monitoring of successes and challenges of country-specific interventions and partnerships’ development; to ensure best practices and lessons are documented and disseminated for review and continuous improvement. The documentation and project progress milestone are regularly uploaded into WebMo; an online monitoring and evaluation system for visibility and learning. To achieve this goal, VSF Germany is looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to fill the advertised position on a short term basis.
POSITION: MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING ASSISTANT
The position will be a temporary contract for a fixed period not exceeding six (6) months.
DUTY STATION AND SUPERVISION
The position holder will be based at the Regional Office in Nairobi as the duty station and reporting directly to the Roving MEAL Manager; and under the overall guidance and supervision of the Regional Head of Programs. S/he shall be sorely responsible for configuring, uploading and updating all program documents in the automated MEAL systems according to the established formats and any other additional features. S/he shall liaise directly with all other program staff and Country MEAL focal point persons.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The MEAL Assistant will ensure timely, accurate and completeness of uploaded documents or project contracts and implementation of the automated MEAL systems in order to ensure an effective program delivery, foster accountability, learning and knowledge management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
A. MONITORING EVALUATION ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING
· Collaboration with the country program M and E focal point persons to upload program documents and targets and establish an automated MEAL tracking system to ensure achievement
· Assist during collation and analysis of data, interpretation of information, updating of the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place.**
· Support secondary research to inform baseline assessments and measurement frameworks for projects and support indicator revisions during projects inception phases,**
· Ensure inclusion of qualitative data collection and analysis for both direct and indirect measurements of program performance are uploaded into automated MEAL system.**
· Participate in inter-Country exchange meetings on M&E for lessons learnt and upscale to regional program level intervention**
· Ensure timely review and sharing of all Program documents; plans/designs and reports**
· Assist the program teams in setting up appropriate summary statistics in relation to calculations of program databases and link them to automate MEAL systems tracking dashboards.**
· Support trouble shooting of the system in collaboration with the MEAL Manager. **
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Degree of Arts/ Science or equivalent experience in international development, economics, agricultural economics, statistics, bio-statistics, or other relevant subject with strong quantitative background, and at least 5 years’ experience in progressively increasing M and E responsibility in international development of projects.**
· The candidate must have experience working with automated MEAL systems for the development world and exceptional ability at trouble shooting of such systems, **
· Demonstrated capacity to elaborate project Logframes and define indicators across different thematic areas of interventions in development aid and humanitarian assistance spheres. **
· Demonstrated ability to work with different online data management tools such as ODK **
· Demonstrated expertise in designing qualitative studies, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experienced in using interview and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.**
· Experienced in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, and data visualization.**
· Demonstrated expertise and experience in data utilization strategies and creatively thinking on online data sharing techniques.**
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other language(s), as required.**
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidate who meets the minimum requirement should send their applications to the e-mail address: email@example.com on or before 10th of February 2021 with the subject ‘MEAL Assistant’. The application documents should include the following, all in one document:
Do not submit copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letter at this stage as you will provide them up on request only.
NB: Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.