Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Data Officer to be based in Siaya.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Data Manager, the Data Officer will be responsible for the documentation and compilation of timely program data and reporting of activities at CHS-supported health facilities in the Shinda Project.
- Support Sub-County-level SI activities for HIV care and treatment, testing and counselling, Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT), Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), and community engagement
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E data tools for MoH and CHS program areas. Help in developing data tools for routine data collection for program data
- Monitor and validate data quality in all the EMR system in use within supported sites
- Review and verify accuracy of the MoH and program data for NASCOP, PEPFAR and other stakeholders
- Work closely with County Health Management Team (CHMT) to compile monthly and quarterly reports as required
- Support in the implementation and maintenance of facility-level patient databases
- Build capacity through training and mentorship programs for all providers in the facilities under the sub-county supported
- Participate in stakeholders’ activities to ensure incorporation of SI activities into programs for HIV prevention, care and treatment and VMMC within the sub-county and county level
- Develop visuals for data consumption and inform program progress using either Power BI/Tableau
- Work closely with Sub-County Health Records Officers (SCHRIO) to manage data quality and ensure all the facilities utilise data for decision making
- Attend designated SI meetings at the national, county and sub-county levels.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in statistics, computer/IT studies, epidemiology or mathematics
- At least two years of relevant experience in a similar/related position in a PEPFAR funded program
- Experience in working with MoH systems and HIV-related reports
- Proficiency in the use of Power BI/ Tableau
- Strong Data management and analysis skills
- Strong SQL Data management skills
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysis reports. Experience in use of visual analytics tools is an added advantage
- Expert skill level in the use of health aggregate databases (MoH KHIS & DATIM)
- Proficient in statistical analysis packages (SPSS/STATA/R etc.)
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Data Officer CHS/HR/DO/SP/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Monday March 15, 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.