Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security Department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Cyber Security Strategy & Design, the successful candidate will support in ensuring all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Safaricom’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS etc. The candidate will also provide timely security assurance reports and advice to the business as required.
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Company’s systems/infrastructure
- Ensure all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Company’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS and Kenya Data Protection Act
- Provide timely and quality security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight deadlines
- Do regular follow ups with system custodians/owners to ensure any security risks identified are addressed within the agreed timelines
- Define Cyber Security metrics and report periodically on security compliance across all networks/systems
- Develop a monthly scorecard for each department based on how well they are performing in terms of Cyber Security compliance
- Research on new threats/technologies/vulnerabilities/security design principles etc.
- Degree in Information Security/Computer Forensics/Computer Science/Information Technology or other relevant Technical Degree
- Information security certifications e.g. CEH/CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CPTP/OSCP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE are also preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate competency in the use and administration of ethical hacking tools e.g. KALI Linux, Metasploit, Nexpose, Nessus, Nmap, BurpSuite etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Information Systems Security – e.g. Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Pre-and-Post Implementation System Reviews, etc
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Networking and Operating Systems e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows (All), Unix, Linux etc
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MariaDB, Postgress etc, will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Virtualization & Microservices technologies e.g. VMware, Open shift, Kubernetes, Docker etc will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies e.g. AWS and Azure will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge and experience in DevSecOps technologies i.e. Jenkins, Jira, Github, Gitlab etc. will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD etc. , will be an added advantage.