Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KURA is responsible for the management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of Urban National Trunk Roads. Other functions of KURA include – Constructing, upgrading, rehabilitating and maintaining roads under its control; Controlling urban roads reserves and access to roadside developments; Implementing road policies in relation to urban roads; Ensuring adherence by motorists to the rules and guidelines on axle load control prescribed under the Traffic Act CAP 403 and any regulations under the Act; Ensuring that the quality of road works is in accordance with such standards as may be defined by the Cabinet Secretary ; In collaboration with the Ministry responsible for transport and the Police Department, oversee the management of traffic and road safety on urban roads; Monitoring and evaluating the use of urban roads; Planning the development and maintenance of urban roads; Collecting and collating all such data related to the use of urban roads as may be necessary for efficient forward planning under this Act;
Job ID: JG 8 REF: KURA/CS/ICT/21/1
No of Positions: 2
The job holder will be responsible/report to the ICT Officer for the provision of ICT support to the Authority staff, maintenance of system security and inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software by ensuring adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with staff.
- Install, test, configure and monitor computer applications and systems;
- Provide user support and training on computer applications and systems to staff;
- Repair and maintain ICT equipment and associated peripherals;
- Update and maintain the Authority’s website;
- Formulate ICT systems specifications; and
- Perform any other lawful duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Have a Diploma in any of the following fields: Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or Business Information Technology.
- Have professional certification N+, A+ or any other equivalent qualifications.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfil the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Computing skills
- Report writing
- Listening skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Team work
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Mode of Application
1. Interested and eligible candidates are urged to access the Mandatory KURA Job Application Form as well as the detailed job descriptions and specifications available on the KURA website; www.kura.go.ke/careers and fill all required fields, sign and date the form and attach copies of all certificates, transcripts, Curriculum Vitae and other testimonials and submit through this Email: email@example.com
2. The application should clearly bear the Job tittle and reference number so as to be received on or before 27th April 2021 at 5.00pm (East African Time). Late applications shall not be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews;
1) National Identity Card;
2) Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
3) Any other supporting documents and testimonials; and
4) Clearances from the following bodies:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
c) Any of the registered Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB); and
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) – Police Clearance Certificate
Clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) will be sought by the Authority in line with the Commission’s Circular dated 9th April 2020.
KURA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Qualified Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only those cleared by the EACC pursuant to their Public Notice dated 9th April 2020, shall be contacted for interviews