Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The jobholder is responsible for ensuring that legal claims are processed and responded to within the set timelines to avoid company being exposed. Preparation of legal statistics and Review Company terms of contract before commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Legal advice and Litigation Management
- Negotiate settlement of court awards with third party advocates
- Offer all round sound legal advice with key focus on cost savings and customer satisfaction
- Reduce overall legal costs by containing of matters in-house through out of court negotiations
- Minimize legal risks – Identify potential legal risks & take steps to protect the company from legal liabilities
- Manage panel Advocates and other service providers by holding them accountable to Service Level Agreements
- Eliminate proclamations and/or attachments against our insured
- Assisting in legal research and preparing legal opinions to both external and internal client
- Review and draft claims contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure they follow all statutory or legal requirements
- Renegotiate advocates fees in line with the Advocates remuneration order
- Analyze claims based on evidence adduced and contents of investigations report and recommend the ones suitable for out of court negotiations and settlements
Legal Matters Documentation
- To receive and process summons filed against insured by the company
- To receive and requisition for advocate’s fee notes
- Process judgments entered against the insured and document all proceedings
- Any other duty assigned from time to time
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Internal Contacts: Finance Department, Underwriting Department, Branch Offices
- External Contacts: Service providers, third party advocates auctioneers, claimants and insured.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Law LLB
- Diploma from Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Three (3) years relevant working experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong negotiation Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
Qualified candidates to send their applications with a detailed CV with the names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.