Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
UNDERWRITER – 2 POSITIONS (MERU & ELDORET BRANCHES)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The job holder is responsible for review of risks and underwrite profitable business through preparation of policy documents whilst ensuring all business processes are adhered to as per set guidelines to enable the company meets its objectives through the acquisition, retention, and service to clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish proper documentation of risks and timely issuance of certificates, debits, policy documents and endorsements
- Establish efficient renewal process to achieve the set turnaround time for preparation and issuance of renewal notices for delivery of the desired retention rate
- Issuing and revising of quotes to intermediaries within recommended guidelines and follow up to ensure business closure
- Reconciliation of client accounts to reflect the business booked status on monthly basis
- Preparation and issuance of Renewal notices sixty dates before renewal date
- Check debt form filled in case of credit according to the company credit policy
- Prepare and issue cancellation notices in case of non-payment of premium for specified covers
- Provide advisory services to claims department on excesses, deductibles, and clauses applicable in case of a claim
- Confirmation of covers, issue and approve quotations up to 50% of the treaty limit
- Appoint property & vehicle valuers where necessary
- Issue motor new business policy documents and renewal schedules
- Execute bonds as per the set authority limits
- Monitor approval and dispatch of renewal and extra endorsements schedules
- Monitoring clients queries and ensuring they are addressed, and correct quotation are provided within the set timelines and authority levels
- Follow up on premium collection from clients and ensure debited within the month
- Prepare and follow up premium refund in case of overpayment or cancellation from clients
- On a need basis carry out client visit with intermediaries for technical support and product presentation.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal Contacts: Finance/ Claims / Business Development Departments among others
External Contacts: Intermediaries-Brokers, Independent agents, and Banks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business/Economics from a recognized University
- Diploma in Insurance and a Member of a relevant professional body
- Three (3) years relevant working experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Sound knowledge of insurance, regulatory requirements, processes, and operations
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
Qualified candidates to send their applications with a detailed CV with the names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 15 May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.