Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Child Protection Caseworker
Job Ref: 20210405
Location: Korogocho Nairobi
Reports to (Hierarchically): Project Manager
Working time in % : 100%
Context: Terre des hommes (Tdh) is an international children’s rights humanitarian organization working in over 40 countries in the world in the area of health, protection and emergency programs. In Kenya, Tdh works in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho informal settlement in Nairobi.
Tdh with support from Swiss Solidarity is implementing a project in Korogocho whose objective is to strengthen individual, Family and community capacities to cope with and adapt to socio-economic impact of Covid 19.
Implementation of case management activities for children, their parents, caregivers and families in need of protection at Korogocho seltelment, Nairobi.
- Child Protection Casework Officer intervenes in the case identification and registration, Case planning, referral and follow-up of the beneficiaries in collaboration with the Community mentors.
- Ensure that the consent/assent to proceed with the case management from both the child, the parent and/or caregiver and legal guardian for children is sought.
- Supervises and provide training for Community mentorsin structural case management to reinforce their skills and capacity to conduct interviews, fill data collection forms, refer and follow-up with children at household level.
- Develop an individual action plan for each beneficiary that responds to needs addressed in initial and comprehensive assessments and seek support of the Project Manager whenever necessary.
- Establish and maintain positive and efficient relations with target beneficiaries, community members and all the other actors operating in the area. Seek for synergies to optimize resources
and time, and strengthen services for the beneficiaries whenever possible.
- Regularly follow up the assigned case to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed time frames. Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed.
- Regularly monitor and provide support to children and families through visits, providing guidance and advice.
- Work closely with the Psychosocial team members in the identification of psychosocial distress cases and makes appropriate references to Psychosocial team for help.
- Work closely with the M/E Assistant to ensure timely data entry to the ODK and feedback on follow up cases are generated as required.
- Ensuring that issues for chld protection are raised and addressed.
- Be ready to respond to emergency cases.
- Participate in surveys and data collection when required.
- Promote and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles.
- Ensure the project activities are integrated in the Korogocho child protection system and humanitarian/development coordination practices and guidelines.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children identified by the project team to the management team. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Coordination and representation:
- Coordinate with CP casework officers and psychosocial team to ensure programe integration
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh partners and other key actors.
- Coordinate with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (program and support) of Tdh as necessary.
- Participate in fora and meetings in her/his field of expertise, when relevant and necessary.
- Work with the Project Manager to provide accurate and timely activity reports.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management:
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Staff employed to work in Tdh will be expected to have:
- Professional conduct that reflects proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and tradition.
- Ensure the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defend in all circumstance
- Commits to observe discretion on any information related to the orgnisation functioning and beneficiary related issues.
- He/she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Protection Policy.
- Professional University degree in social work, psychology, social sciences and any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years experience working with vulnerable young populations in need of protection;
- Experience working with extremely vulnerable individuals and SGBV Survivors in particular, is an asset;
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet);
- Previous experience with Tdh or another child protection organization is desirable;
- Knowledge of protection system in Kenya.
- Required qualities: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, organized, good communication and interpersonal skills.
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.email@example.com
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Locals and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for the application of this position is 8th June 2021.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer