Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Regional Head of Human Resources is responsible to provide strategic leadership, and oversight to HR function in the East Africa region (Tanzania, Kenya Kisumu and Mombasa) and providing deep expertise in the area of compensation and benefits. In this capacity he /she will provide HR expertise and strategic leadership by ensuring HR organisational processes, policies and procedures are consistently applied with top quality results to meet the needs of the region. Takes the lead to ensure innovative people practices are delivered in consultation with the regional leadership team, CEO’s, line managers and HR in areas of compensation and benefits, organisational development, performance development, OSH, talent development, training, recruitment and employee relations. The incumbent will support the Regional East Africa leadership team towards regionalisation of HR practices ensuring top quality processes are in place, the right competencies are recruited and retained to achieve AKHS East Africa mission. The Head Regional Human Resources will be an advocate for change and diversity; technology enabled HR, fair and transparent high quality HR practices by challenging and influencing management thinking and actions for optimal performance and delivery.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Develop and implement a Regional HR Strategy by engaging all Heads of HR in East Africa and key stakeholders
- Manage compensation and benefits across the Region East Africa
- Provide regional compensation analytics and input for regional design of compensation and benefits programs.
- Support the Regional CEO and Head of HR Geneva with the Compensation Committee for East Africa.
- Consistently implement the compensation and benefits policies that are regional
- Benchmark with peer organisations to ensure pay levels are competitive and make recommendations for adjustment.
- Work with local teams, through respective CEOs and HHRs, to ensure consistent market intelligence on HR
- Design consistent region wide reward and recognition system.
- Lead the regional job evaluation team and keep results connected to the global job evaluation structure.
- Develop and implement up to date comprehensive and relevant HR and organisational processes, practices policies and procedures, by engaging clusters’ HHRs.
- Aligning with labour laws and best practices of the respective countries
- Ensure and oversee an effective government engagement on all HR matters
- Effectively manage with RCEO, Head Office and Safeguarding Chairs region wide Safeguarding processes to drive cultural change:
- Ensure staff awareness through training of the Safeguarding policies and procedure including code of conduct working with the Safeguarding Chair
- Ensure the Safeguarding procedure is consistently applied to resolve grievances and support the RCEO in the appeal process.
- Performance Development
- Working with the CEO’s and HHRs in East Africa to run a technology enabled robust system to support cascading measuring and tracking KPI’s at departmental and individual levels across the region
- improvement plans, coaching, mentoring and exit of non-performers.
- Leadership and Talent Development
- Continuously carry out leadership assessments and talent development across the region, support RCEO and CEO with development plans for key positions within the region across all functions
- Leverage region wide training programs to maximize internal staff development working with the training Committee Chairs
- Implement AKDN wide leadership competency framework, succession planning and talent development to ensure robust pipeline of talent in the region.
- Employee Engagement/Employee Relations
- Introduce initiatives to create a positive work environment that leverage initiatives across the region
- Coordinate the response with the unions where needed that benefits AKSH East Africa
- Vendor and Partnership Management
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, finance, legal, engineering, MBA or relevant degree with professional HR qualification such as SHRM or CIPD.
- 12 years’ experience in HR with preferably experience across both the profit and not-for-profit sectors ideally in health.
- 6-8 years’ in senior management as Head of HR.
- 2-3 years as Compensation and Benefits specialist or similar role
- Work experience in a private sector environment will be an advantage
- Experience handling conflicts, legal matters and disciplinary, grievance and Safeguarding issues
- Leadership and People management and organisational development experience
- Coaching and mentoring experience preferably with coaching certifications
- Expertise in all core process areas of HR
- Leading organisational change project
- Ability to influence and persuade multiple stakeholders by offering different perspectives and alternative options whilst mindful of operational and cultural needs and differences
- Excellent analytical skills specifically in the area of compensation analytics but also across HR functional areas
- A strategic thinker who can translate strategies into operational plans for implementation with monitoring mechanisms
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines under minimal supervision in a matrix environment
- Attention to details whilst mindful of big picture thinking
- Gathers multiple perspectives and points of views for informed decision making
- Good problem-solving skills, interpersonal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage productively with all levels of staff to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English language and knowledge of local language(s)
- Familiarity of working with the government institutions, UN Agencies and other international Aid organisations would be an asset
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc.) and skills in using internet is required
- Knowledge of different technological applications such as PeopleSoft, HRIS, cloud based system applications, project planning tools
- Personal Characteristics
- Demonstrates high integrity, able to deal well with ambiguity
- Ability in managing to work under pressure
- Ability to meet short deadlines
- Demonstrates sound judgement,
- Able to deal positively with conflict and divergent points of view in a consultative manner.