Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR’s Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector for refugees. UNHCR have developed a $1 Billion Private Sector Fundraising Strategy 2018-2025. This strategy focuses on both Individual Giving and Private Sector Partnerships and identifies priority fundraising markets and regions.
Individual Giving (IG) is targeted at the general public to secure the support of individuals through regular, unrestricted donations, cash appeals and legacies. The aim is to generate both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various channels and methods including direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, digital fundraising, DRTV and emergency fundraising, with focus on strong donor loyalty and lifetime value.
The purpose is to maximize the donor base from the individual giving (IG) for UNHCR, those with the ability to provide donations of between $1 to $10.000 per year to UNHCR.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Contribute to the development of fundraising strategies and products for diverse fundraising activities that serve to recruit and retain loyal individual donors, moving them through a donor journey that builds a lasting connection with UNHCR in order to maximize lifetime value and return on investment.
– Embed digital transformation and supporter experience across all Individual Giving activity in line with the global strategy.
– Identify and develop new opportunities for Individual Giving, in both donor acquisition and donor development.
– Increase both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various online and offline channels including direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, digital fundraising, direct response television, lead generation and emergency fundraising, with the aim of maximising income per donor.
– Develop strong middle level donor and monthly giving programs.
– Work closely with the major donor team to identify and migrate potential major donors.
– Develop and manage legacy marketing to the Individual Giving audience.
– Increase donor understanding through ongoing research and analysis creating segmentation strategies for “one too many” marketing activities.
– Manage relations with partners, media, contractors and suppliers for PSP programmes and supervise the Individual Giving team in their contact with external partners.
– Manage the PSP donor database producing ongoing analysis and monitoring PSP campaign results, and providing research on current donors and potential donors to inform future digital and direct marketing activity.
– Develop and monitor all key performance indicators and analysis to support and inform the Individual Giving strategy and its implementation.
– Prepare submissions to the National Growth Fund related to the Individual Giving programme to secure funding to increase the donor base of private sector.
– Supervise and monitor PSP expenditure/budget and income recording and reporting for the Individual Giving programme.
– Recommend and oversee any new market entry and analyse the competitive environment (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor PSP performance and make recommendations to management.
– Provide training and development for Individual Giving team members.
– Ensure the compliance with the relevant domestic law related to fundraising practice, fundraising licencing and data protection.
– Facilitate the engagement of Senior UNHCR staff members in the Bureau, Representative Office, National Partners and relevant entities in HQ to support PSP activities and donors.
– Develop and support actions aimed at strengthening the relationship between PSP and other UNHCR divisions.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Relevant Job Experience
Relevant professional experience in Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships with exposure to an international environment and/or with humanitarian organizations. Proven ability to meet fundraising targets, possess required expertise and up-to-date knowledge in donor acquisition channels including Face-to-Face and Online, donor retention and donor development methods. Possess required expertise and up-to-date knowledge in donor retention and development using digital, mail and telemarketing. Experience with emergency fundraising and monthly giving. Experience in developing and implementing cohesive, innovative, aggressive and integrated direct response strategies that have resulted in measurable and significant growth in net revenue and donor base. Experience with writing annual plans and budgets, and with fundraising reports, analysis and KPIs. Experience with fundraising-related databases and software. Demonstrated ability to work independently and to motivate others. Excellent donor and vendor communications/relations. Preparing and implementing plans and developing plans for annual income growth as well as in strategic planning. Major existing and new marketing techniques including direct marketing and direct response fundraising, monthly donor programmes including face-to-face and DRTV. Maximizing individual donor life-time value through implementation of a tested donor communication cycle. Telemarketing, middle donors, legacy and digital fundraising. Developing material for direct response either in direct marketing in a not-for-profit or as an account manager in a direct marketing consultancy. Managing the production of fundraising materials from creative and design to production, print and delivery.
Possess required expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and new PSP donor acquisition channels including Mail, DRTV and Press. Experience with middle level giving and legacy marketing. Thorough knowledge of UNHCR operational arrangements, its relief and protection programmes, the funding needs and priorities. Another relevant UN language. International not-for-profit experience and fundraising for a humanitarian cause. Exposure to UN system with particular focus on fundraising activities for humanitarian causes (ideally field exposure). Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and strong communication and presentation skills. Analytical and creative thinking ability. Good communication and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks/projects.
- FR-PSFR Direct Marketing and Direct Response Fundraising;
- FR-Experience in Private Sector Fundraising;
- FR-Fundraising-face to face, mass appeal, digital, emergency, DRTV, etc.;
- FR-Online communications, web-based marketing and fundraising contents;
- FR-Fundraising approach skills (Face2Face/Sales Prog outsourced-Sales workforce/Door2Door);
- IT-MS Office Applications;
- IT-Internet, e-commerce, database, marketing software;
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
C001L2 – Accountability Level 2
C002L2 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
C003L2 – Communication Level 2
C004L2 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
C005L2 – Client & Result Orientation Level 2
C006L2 – Organizational Awareness Level 2
M001L2 – Empowering and Building Trust Level 2
M002L2 – Managing Performance Level 2
M006L2 – Managing Resources Level 2
X001L2 – Analytical Thinking Level 2
X005L2 – Planning and Organizing Level 2
X009L2 – Change Capability and Adaptability Level 2
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity