Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About SNV Kenya
SNV is funded by several donor organisations including The Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Netherlands, The European Union, USAID, IKEA Foundation, Endev among others to reach millions of people by implementing projects. Currently, SNV Kenya hosts 15 local and multi-country projects across the three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). The SNV country office is located in Nairobi with field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki and Kakuma. It also has other smaller offices in the Nakuru, Kericho, Iten, Homabay, Narok, Kajiado & Taita Taveta.
The communication team is based in Nairobi but travels across the country from time to time on need basis to support project communication efforts. The team is guided by the Communication Strategy 2020 – 2022 to prioritize its activities but is also flexible to upcoming project requests and requirements.
To enhance communication activities in SNV Kenya, SNV seeks an all-round communications intern who will support communication activities (including use of social media), photography, videography, and knowledge management activities.
More specifically, the Communications Intern is expected to adhere to SNV brand guidelines alongside certain donor specific requirements while undertaking the following specific activities:
- Assist with online outreach and social media promotions, including drafting posts for different social sites.
- Monitor social media for trending topics specific to the sector(s) and identify suitable action for SNV
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop and design concepts and social media campaigns
- Support the communication team in creation, organizing and regular updating of the photography database; ensuring photos are correctly captioned and the correct consent forms identified
- Support project teams to capture and edit photos and videos while ensuring adherence to the EU GDPR guidelines on participant’s consent and right to personal data protection
- Support the preparation and delivery of the internal newsletter on a quarterly basis
- Monitor marketing communications activities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly communication updates for the team
- Support in the design of online and print materials for projects using design software; InDesign, Canva etc.
- Support in capturing and writing success stories for project beneficiaries, while highlighting the SNV products
- Support in analysing gaps in project SharePoint sites and supporting in collecting the required documents
- Support communication team in any other communication-related requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- Previous internship in a development organisation with related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Mastery of English language (verbal and written)
- Good proofreading and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Basic graphic design knowledge including use on InDesign, Canva etcetera
- Creative, solutions-oriented and a real team player
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn new things or take direction and comes up with new ideas or solutions on how to improve the team
What’s in it for you
- Good, solid experience in communication and international development that you can add to your CV
- A fun, inclusive team
- Lots of learning opportunities
- Travel to interesting project sites
3 months with possibility of extension
SNV Kenya will pay a monthly stipend and cover all field costs relating to the assigned tasks in the internship period exercise as guided by SNV policies.
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 8th June 2021, attaching your CV and cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees. All responses should be made in English.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment