Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Poor vision and blindness are the world’s most neglected disabilities. Millions of people worldwide are held back because they don’t live near eye health facilities or can’t access treatment. Most people affected by blindness and poor eyesight live in low- and middle-income countries, and young people, older people and women carry the greatest burden. Peek Vision is a social enterprise which develops evidence-based smartphone tools to improve access to eye care. We develop software, hardware and data visualisations to help health services sustainably improve access to eye care. Peek is developing these systems with its partners to reach the people who most need access to eye care in low- and middle-income countries. Peek is an impact-driven organisation, always focused on the people and communities who can benefit the most from improved eye care. We have offices in Botswana, Kenya and the UK, and our team works with partners across the world to bring better vision and health to everybody.
The role of the Programmes Team is to help our partners around the world use Peek Solutions to provide more effective eye health services to more people. Our partners are international NGOs, local service providers, and national governments. The Programmes team leads the implementation of Peek programmes, and provides first-line support for partners. You will be accountable for delivering programmes alongside partnership and implementation team members within our Programmes Team. You will also be accountable for continuously improving our practices, based on the evidence derived from each project. You will be familiar with project management, deployment processes (especially in low and middle income settings), relationship building and evidence gathering. Peek operates and delivers programmes in multiple countries. As such this role has the flexibility to be based in a variety of different locations, subject to complying with right to work requirements. Travel to programmes using Peek in different countries will be part of the role (in line with Peek’s Travel Safety Policy). Peek’s culture enables a self managed team structure. This provides a high level of ownership and accountability within each role, and enables effective and frequent collaboration between team members and across teams.
Responsibilities and Attributes
The key responsibilities of the role are:
● Analyse implementation partner needs, goals and gaps within the cultural context
● Develop a deep knowledge of Peek products and services.
● Deliver Peek Solutions within designated partnerships and individuals.
● Developing relationships and communications with implementing partners, funders, government and corporate partners and stakeholders.
● Collaborate with Peek’s Research, Design, & Development team and DevOps team on the development of Peek Solutions, continuously improving them based on project experience and impact.
● Collaborate within the Programmes team to develop programme strategy and support implementation.
● Develop continuous reporting and documentation of programmes.
The key attributes of the role are:
● Relevant experience implementing projects in eye health and other public health sectors
● Extensive experience working in/with low and middle-income countries
● Extensive experience in data analysis and evidence gathering and knowledge management
● Attention to detail and adherence to process and documentation protocol
● Able to manage and develop relationships with high level NGO, government and other stakeholders with confidence
● Excellent written and verbal communicator
● Evidence of working well with remote teams
● Ability to execute planning and change management
● Fluency in English
● Postgraduate qualification in a related field or equivalent experience in public
Job Description : Programme Management Lead
Team: Programmes team
Travel: Up to 50% of the working time will be spent on programmes in locations other than the base country.
Peek Capture is a smartphone app that allows non-specialists – such as teachers and community health workers – to conduct vision screening and eye health surveys in homes, communities and schools. It integrates the visual acuity check from our award-winning Peek Acuity Android App, allowing anyone to check visual acuity using a smartphone.
Peek Admin is a web platform that displays the real-time data entered in Capture, allowing healthcare providers to understand where the need is greatest and how to improve services.
They are used to power our two main offers:
Peek for School and Community Eye Health Programmes We use Peek Capture to help eye health providers reach communities and join up local services, while data from Peek Admin helps ensure those who need treatment are reached. We offer our public health expertise to adapt the solutions to local needs and help partners analyse the data for iterative improvement. We have supported eye health programmes in Pakistan, India, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Botswana with more set to launch in Uganda, Ethiopia and Tanzania. Identifying population need is the first step to
advocating for and designing impactful programmes.
Method of application
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 30th June, clearly stating the job title in the subject line of your email. Peek is an equal opportunity employer. Peek will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of age, disability, gender, marital status, parenthood, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor which may be deemed discriminatory. Further the diversity of our team is important and crucial to our impact and we seek to ensure our team has affinities or links to the communities where we are most active