Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req18803
Job Title: Nurse
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Working under the guidance and supervision of the EPI Officer, the EPI Nurse will be directly responsible for:
- Sensitization and ensuring that Infection prevention and control guidelines and procedures in line with Covid-19 prevention are in place and are followed strictly.
- Supervising all EPI and Covid-19 vaccination activities at a designated health facility and during the outreaches.
- Ensure that all mothers and caregivers are understand adverse event following Immunization.
- Ensure that cold chain is maintained at the EPI Store.
- Collect data in link with vaccination activities and submit to the EPI Officer/ M&E or team leader.
- Follow-up adverse event following immunization (AEFI) among vaccinated children and clients who received Covid-19 vaccines.
- Identifying and managing as appropriate, the defaulter tracing ways/mechanism together with the CHPOs to achieve low dropout rates.
- Responsible for supervision of Immunization clinics and vaccine administration.
- Preparing for and assisting the doctors or clinicians during the ward rounds and whenever required.
- Ensuring that all required indicators are followed up on regular manner and various interventions put in place to ensure good immunization coverages.
- Performing Covid-19 vaccine and other RI vaccines forecasting and ordering from the Regional DVI/NVIP store.
- Conducting regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Giving regular health education to caregiver and clients on various immunization issues.
- Compiling and timely submitting all relevant immunization reports using whichever reporting tools adopted by the organization or programs.
- Monitoring and supervising proper usage of supplies at the assigned EPI departments or units.
- Taking care of equipment to ensure they are maintained in good condition and submit regular inventory report and vaccines stocks of the same to the supervisor.
- Ensuring that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervising incentive staff working in EPI at a designated Health facility.
- Performing administrative roles at the department in the absence of the EPI Officer.
- Together with the CO organize for adequate clinic or EPI coverage when required.
- Carrying out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Enforce infection prevention and control guidelines and procedures.
- She/he is responsible to ensure all activities are implemented according to the work plan and that targets are met.
- Responsible to track daily, weekly and monthly indicators report and covid-19 vaccination reports.
- Roll out of Covid-19 vaccination activities.
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing from KMTC or recognized nursing training institution.
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least 2 years working experience in a MCH and immunization clinic setup.
- Computer literate.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach local staff and community workers.
- Experience in implementing child health and immunization interventions in hard-to-reach populations.
- Experience in rolling out social behavior change strategy in vulnerable populations.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Training on Immunization and IDSR is an added advantage.
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.