Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
DATA MANAGER – JOOUST /UBJ/MEL /1/202I
The Data Manager will be responsible for the management of all project data. S/he will also lead data management capacity building for the project partners, maintain the project PMP and ensure data quality.
Data Manager will provide leadership in routine data management operations including supporting timely data collection and entry, data quality at all data points, processing, cleaning, analysis and managing the project databases. He will provide support to data collection and analysis efforts by the project including special initiatives, outlined surveys, studies and evaluations, participate in preparing for and playing a key role in data review meetings; reporting in USG’s Data for Accountability Transparency and Impact (DATIM), Partner Performance Website, TraiNet and other appropriate systems.
• Ensure and oversee timely verification, entry, processing, review, and collation of project data for relevant indicators – from KHIS and other sources (health facilities and the community).
• Perform data cleaning and verify the authenticity and accuracy of the data before reporting to the donor.
• Monitor and submit Non DATIM data indicators such as GBV, Surge into the Partner Performance website in addition to HFR and Custom Indicators.
• Work closely with M&E and IT teams to develop and/or review project data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids and templates.
• Provide technical assistance to build the capacity of M&E staff in database design, development and implementation; data management, analysis, and reporting.
• Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for project and relevant MOH staff in data management including analysis, use and dissemination.
• Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of Boresha Jamii project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises.
• Under the guidance of technical team leads, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentation using appropriate software.
• Participate in project led special initiatives, surveys and studies and providing technical assistance in data management and report writing.
• Assist in writing/editing guidelines/SOPs for data entry, management, and analysis.
• Provide technical guidance in strategies for improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, and overall data dissemination and utilization at project level.
• Assist in carrying out data quality assessments to review quality of data at project level, DHIS2 and source documents at facility and community levels.
• A bachelor’s degree in statistics, Computer Science health or related field – an advanced degree will be an added advantage.
• Four years (4) of work experience in monitoring and evaluation data management of health projects and/or HMIS work in Kenya.
• Experience working with MOH systems and personnel and in USAID-funded projects an asset.
• Excellent analytical, oral and report- writing skills
• Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint. MS Access, MySQL/SQL, Python and SPSS or other data analysis software
• GIS mapping skills using GIS software e.g., QGIS, ArcGIS or other GIS mapping software.
• Knowledge in PEPFAR indicators including MER indicator reference guidance.
• Experience in customizing, managing and navigating through DHIS2 instances including working ability on systems such as DATIM, KHIS.
• Experience in data visualization tools e.g., PowerBI, Excel etc.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Ability and willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
• Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
• Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
• Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
• Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply