Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Primary Location: Kenya
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Unposting Date: 24-08-2021
Number of Openings: 1
Ensuring that claims are accurately assessed, processed, and paid in accordance with company regulations and standards, through the provision of guidelines and direction to the staff in the claims section
- Ensure prompt registration and acknowledgement of new claims.
- Evaluate and settle claims, to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio
- Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
- Verify and analyse data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
- Maintain claim files such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
- Payment of claims within the set service levels.
- Preparation of weekly & monthly claims reports .
- Portfolio analysis and risk recommendation reporting to underwriting department.
- Approval of payment and discharge vouchers within limits.
- Participate in review of claim reserves.
- Oversee the preparation of claims statistical reports within the stipulated time .
- Review all applications for insurance – determine the profiles of risks presented to the company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise;
- Prepare quotations as per authority matrix;
- Custodian of underwriting documents .
- Conduct Risk surveys for small risks as per authority matrix;
- Prepare & issue certificates and cover notes where necessary;
- Ensure timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents including valuation reports, debit, credit notes & endorsements and authorising them within agreed and set authority limits;
- Implement credit control policy and ensure that premiums are debited and collected as required;
- Ensure receipting of premium collections, daily banking as well as preparation of premium reports for all lines of business as applicable.
- Assess the loss ratios and ensure that only quality business is invited for renewal;
- Review and communicate renewal terms, ensure renewal notices go out on time and follow up renewals to ensure high retention rate.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelors of Commerce degree (insurance option preferred).
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK).
- 6-8 years’ experience in insurance claims processing two of which must be in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance sector.
How To Apply: