Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Head of Credit
Location: Head Office, Nairobi
Responsible for leading a deal execution team (credit Risk) involving Pre- sanction deal support to existing and new business segments.
- Support the Head of Credit in the development and implementation of the Bank’s credit strategy in line with overall Bank growth strategy.
- Review and recommend modifications in the credit policies and procedures manuals to continuously enhance controls and improve process efficiency.
- Ensure smooth and efficient workflow within the credit department, seeking out efficient processes.
- Provide guidance and input to Credit analysts ensuring credit risk exposures are managed within the established limits appetite and standards.
- Ensure quality reviews of credit proposals within best practice and banks policies
- Timely decision making of credit proposals within SLA agreement.
- Ensure appropriate analysis and clarity in respect of required/requested facilities, conditions of sanction, monitoring and control and thereby maintaining the quality of the credit and regulatory risk profile of the portfolio.
Ensure daily assessment of the overdrawn accounts and action as appropriate to minimize loss from related exposure
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with effective controls in liaison with Risk and Compliance units to mitigate against business risks associated with credit risk.
- Review and ensure compliance of facilities with approved conditions.
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure compliance with set SLAs at all times
- Customer relationship management
- Facilitate strong working relationships with business teams, management credit committee and other internal customers to ensure excellent service to external customers.
- Ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to internal customers.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast paced work environment to meet customer needs.
- Ensure team members have the skills and resources to get things done.
- Provide team members with coaching, training, and opportunities for growth to improve their skills.
- Give team members ongoing, constructive feedback on their performance and progress in light of expectations and goals.
- Manage Performance- let team members know what is expected of them and hold them accountable, differentiate between high and low performance, hold performance discussions and address performance issues promptly and correct poor performance.
Required qualifications, experience and attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in an Analytical/Business related field
- MBA or MSc. in business related course is an added advantage.
- CPA, CFA or relevant professional qualification.
- High computer literacy including MS Word and Excel
- 7 years’ experience in a lending function with at least 2 years in a management role
- Experience in Credit Evaluations including Complex Credit and Structuring
- Experience or sound understanding of credit risk and the techniques of financial analysis
- Knowledge of relevant lending products
- High levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Application Deadline: 26th August 2021