Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is lasting health change in Africa. Amref is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified M o nitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an upcoming USAID–funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five–year activity will focus on strengthening health system strengthening. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide. This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval
The M EL Specialist will report to the COP and will be responsible for tracking the implementation of the M&E plan for the project. The MEL Specialist will work closely with all staff to track project implementation, at cost, time and quality. This position is for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kenya & East Africa to promote evidence–based health policies development and implementation for improved quality and equity of health care services.
This Activity will primarily focus on strengthening health partnerships as a method to improving Kenya’s HSS environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for tracking implementation of the approved work plan and M&E plan at cost, time, and quality.
• Oversee the implementation, track and provide regular status on the M&E Plan (framework, indicator sheets) and project annual work plan.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance in Project Contractual reporting and implementation of the collaborative learning and adaptive (CLA) plan/ learning agenda.
• Ensure compliance in donor reporting on a quarterly and annual basis through submission of quality front office, quarterly progress, program specific and annual reports.
• Ensure timely and quality reporting by the sub–Awards on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Conduct analysis for routine donor reporting and ad–hoc requests including special analysis such as gender and sustainability in the wake of Journey to Self – Reliance.
• Operationalize a project CLA approach by leading its implementation as per the M&E plan and regularly share the same with the donor as part of progress reporting.
• Monitor implementation of learning agenda for identification of best practices and lessons learned and for adaptive management (quarterly).
• Support development of the project work plan; external evaluation, operatio nal research.
• Provide Technical assistance to develop and implement project data collection processes that may include annual pulse assessments, County Transition readiness assessments, data –informed annual work planning; qualitative Index monitoring of the project sustainability and maturity plans.
• Track and provide status on project evaluation and performance management plan (EPMP), and mid–term and end–term implementation of the same. Provide a Quarterly progress on the project EPMP.
• Support project work planning to ensure it adheres to the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
• Support to Project Knowledge management and communication (KM/Comms).
• Provide data and information to the Knowledge Management/Communication Specialist.
• Participate in identifying and documenting project success stories.
• Establish and maintain project management information systems (MIS). At all times ensure project management tools such as Daily tracker, Work plan Trackers, Annual Benchmark Tracker, among others are updated on–time, provide regular updates to the entire project team on a weekly, monthly etc.
• Ensure implementation of the project data quality assurance and improvement processes and intervention for the programs including digital health solutions (Maintaining of the standards).
• Ensure adherence to USAID reporting requirements through ad –hoc and regular reporting.
• Establish and maintain a project database or project management information system.
• Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health or related field.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in an M&E position for a USAID project.
• Appropriate software skills necessary in use of project management software, such as MS Project or equivalent.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for high–level policy audiences especially at county level.
• Excellent coordination, and information management skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving.
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Kenya and work under field conditions
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/ and submit your application which should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
Indicate Ref: MEL Specialist– Anticipated Funding and email to email@example.com Closing date 10th
September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non–smoking environment policy.